ARIA AND WINE SPECTATOR HOST EXCLUSIVE WINE EVENTS AT SAGE AND JEAN GEORGES STEAKHOUSE
Tickets now available for five-course pairing dinner and educational Pinot Noir seminar
ARIA Resort & Casino and Wine Spectator will delight wine enthusiasts’ palates with exclusive events on Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27, hosted by ARIA Director of Wine William Moss and Wine Spectator Senior Editor Kim Marcus.
On Friday evening at 6:30 p.m., James Beard Award-winning Chef Shawn McClain’s Sage will host a once-in-a-lifetime wine dinner featuring a five-course meal masterfully prepared by Executive Chef Christopher Heisinger, along with elegant wine pairings from HALL, WALT, Clarice and Siduri wineries to complement each course.
On Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m., education-seekers and wine devotees alike can deepen their knowledge of Pinot Noir as they taste and examine the finest varietals from WALT, Siduri and Clarice wineries during a private mid-day seminar at critically acclaimed chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s namesake restaurant, Jean Georges Steakhouse.
Both events also will include special guests Adam Lee of Clarice and Siduri; Dianna Novy Lee of Flaunt and Megan Gunderson of HALL and WALT. Event details:
Wine Dinner: Elegance and Precision in Wine and Food
Friday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m. at Sage Restaurant at ARIA
The exclusive dining experience will commence with a reception in Sage’s lounge where guests can enjoy a glass of Flaunt Brut sparkling wine and hor d’oeuvres, followed by a five-course pairing dinner that will include:
- Hamachi Crudo Salad with ginger-soy vinaigrette, smoked coconut and radish; paired with 2017 WALT Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
- Day Boat Scallops with braised oxtail, salted-caramel reduction and wild mushrooms paired with 2017 Siduri Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
- Rohan Duck Breast with salted turnips, leek purée, beech mushrooms and sweet and sour jus paired with 2017 Clarice Rosella’s Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Wagyu Filet with potato pave, maitake mushrooms, green peppercorn and bordelaise paired with two wines, 2015 HALL Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and 2015 HALL Kathryn Hall Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Gorgonzola Custard with toasted almond and tomato confit.
Seminar: Pinot Noir Cabaletta
Saturday, April 27 at 1 p.m. at Jean Georges Steakhouse at ARIA
This interactive seminar, moderated by Wine Spectator Senior Editor Kim Marcus, will delve into the best of Pinot Noirs through a tasting of four wine flights featuring WALT, Siduri and Clarice selections from a variety of California’s wine regions. Flights include:
- Flight One: Pore over the best of California’s Anderson Valley; tastings include:
- 2017 WALT Blue Jay Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
- 2017 Siduri Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
- Flight Two: Contrast varietals from Sonoma County with Russian River Valley; tastings include:
- 2016 WALT Bob’s Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir
- 2016 WALT La Brisa Pinot Noir
- 2016 Siduri Barbieri Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Flight Three: Discover Santa Lucia Highlands and talk vintages; tastings include:
- 2016 Siduri Rosella’s Vineyard Pinot Noir
- 2017 Clarice Garys’ Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Flight Four: Explore the art of blending vs. single-vineyards from Santa Barbara County; tastings include:
- 2017 Siduri Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir
- 2017 WALT Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir
- 2017 WALT Clos Pepe Vineyard Pinot Noir
Tickets are priced at $295 per person for Sage’s wine pairing dinner and $95 per person (plus tax and gratuity for both events) for Jean George Steakhouse’s wine seminar. Both Sage and Jean Georges Steakhouse have been Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence” winners since 2011. For additional information or to purchase tickets, call or email ARIA Concierge at 877-347-2742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aficionados looking for additional wine-centric events to round out that weekend are invited to experience an evening of exceptional wines from the world’s best-known regions during Wine Spectator’s Grand Tour. The three-city event will come to Las Vegas on Saturday, April 27 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. at The Mirage. Tickets are priced at $200 for general admission and $325 for VIP with one-hour-early entry. For more information or to purchase tickets for the Grand Tour, visit Wine Spectator’s event page.
About ARIA Resort & Casino
ARIA Resort & Casino is a stunning award-winning resort on The Strip featuring spectacular amenities, high-end service, premium meeting and convention space, striking architecture and sustainable design. Combined with its unparalleled offerings including the first-of-its-kind public Fine Art Collection, ARIA sets the bar for a new generation of resort experiences. ARIA is located within CityCenter, which is owned 50% by a subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) and 50% by Infinity World Development Corp, a subsidiary of Dubai World. For more information and reservations, visit ARIA.com, call toll free at (866) 359-7757 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Wine Spectator
Wine Spectator is the world’s leading authority on wine. Anchored by Wine Spectator magazine, a print publication that reaches around 3 million readers worldwide, the brand also encompasses the Web’s most comprehensive wine site (WineSpectator.com), mobile platforms and a series of signature events. Wine Spectator examines the world of wine from the vineyard to the table, exploring wine’s role in contemporary culture and delivering expert reviews of more than 15,000 wines each year. Parent company M. Shanken Communications, Inc., also publishes Cigar Aficionado, Whisky Advocate, Market Watch, Shanken News Daily and Shanken’s Impact Newsletter.