MORE EVENTS ADDED TO IMPRESSIVE VEGAS UNCORK’D BY BON APPÉTIT ROSTER
Top Culinary Talent to Host Exciting New Experiences at The Venetian Resort;
ABSINTHE and CATCH Join Lineup for the First Time
Eight new events have been added to the stellar Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit lineup, including a behind-the-scenes kitchen experience at The Venetian Resort, as well as new dining and entertainment offerings at Caesars Entertainment and MGM Resorts’ ARIA.
New events include:
- Behind the Scenes with the Master Chefs of France (The Venetian Resort), Thursday, May 9: Join the Master Chefs of France for a rare glimpse in their natural setting as they prepare gourmet masterpieces right in front of your eyes. The evening will begin with a craft cocktail reception at the beautiful Rosina Cocktail Bar. Guests will then be escorted to a private kitchen in the heart of The Venetian where the famed chefs will be waiting with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. There, guests will be fully immersed in the art of the chefs’ process while enjoying a cornucopia of creative, thoughtfully prepared dishes, lavish cheese plates and desserts accompanied by some of France’s best wines. ‘Maître Cuisinier de France’ or ‘The Master Chefs of France’ is one of the most envied titles that chefs can aspire to receive, as they are often given the highest classification in restaurant guides and are regularly mentioned in the world’s leading food and travel magazines. This opportunity is one you won’t want to miss.
- Sip & Savor: An Evening with CATCH and GQ (ARIA Resort & Casino), Thursday, May 9: Join GQ at The Strip’s latest hot spot, CATCH. Guests will enjoy an exclusive selection of CATCH’s cocktails, paired with a curated menu of Asian-influenced sushi, seafood and steak. And don’t forget to come camera ready: the restaurant’s signature flower tunnel is the perfect place to strike a pose.
- Mott 32 Dim Sum Brunch (The Venetian Resort), Friday, May 10: Mott 32, one of Hong Kong’s most award-winning restaurants, will showcase the quintessential art of dim sum over brunch with Executive Chef Alan Ji, exclusively for Uncork’d. Guests will enjoy the very best of Cantonese cuisine with a menu curated by Michelin Star-award winning Group Executive Chef Man-Sing Lee. Specialties will include steamed pork Siu Mai with quail egg, prawn har gao and custard buns, among other traditional dishes that pair perfectly with wine and signature Mott 32 cocktails. The playful atmosphere and spectacular design of Mott 32 combines traditional Chinese, New York industrialism and Las Vegas elements for a striking East-meets-West dining experience.
- Think Italian: The Art of Italian Eating and Drinking (The Venetian Resort), Friday, May 10: Celebrate the art of making traditional Italian cuisine at its finest from Chef Angelo Auriana and Restaurateur Matteo Ferdinandi, partners and owners of The Factory Kitchen. Guests will learn how to make pasta, cannolis and cocktails while tasting every bite and more of the family recipes from Italy.
- ABSINTHE Uncork’d – Get Lit with Gazillionaire Under the Absinthe Electric Oak™ (Caesars Palace), Saturday, May 11: Spiegelworld has always believed that the party does not start or end with the ground-breaking shows it presents onstage. A very limited number of guests will join The Gazillionaire (the host and producer of ABSINTHE) for an exclusive Absinthe cocktail demonstration while enjoying appetizers provided by Café Americano and specialty cocktails provided by Belvedere. After an hour of schmoozing with The Gazillionaire and alcohol indulging under the boughs of the spectacular Absinthe Electric Oak™, guests will be ushered into the wondrous tent where they will experience 90 minutes of the death-defying acts, outrageous humor and the thrill of witnessing the #1 Greatest Show in Las Vegas History, ABSINTHE.
- Behind the Bar: Learn the Complexities of Cocktails with the Masters of The Venetian Cocktail Collective (The Venetian Resort), Saturday, May 11: Cocktail enthusiasts will have the chance to test their talents behind the bar with the master barwomen and men of The Dorsey cocktail bar, Rosina Cocktail Lounge & Electra Cocktail Club. The Venetian Cocktail Collective lead bartenders, Juyoung Kang and Evan Hosaka, will educate and guide guests through the history and relevance of specific bitters and house made syrups, as well as signature cocktails made at all three bars. Guests will also get an in-depth, step-by-step demonstration of the signature drinks before they step behind the bar to show off their own skills. Guests will also be treated to a reception in their honor with lite bites to enjoy alongside their libation creations.
- Tour the Night Market at SUGARCANE with Chef Timon Balloo (The Venetian Resort), Saturday, May 11: Inspired by the famed night markets of Southeast Asia, SUGARCANE raw bar grill’s lounge transforms into an exhilarating and immersive pop-up featuring hawker-style “stalls.” Each will serve Chef Timon’s take on authentic Southeast Asian and global cuisine and will offer unique and festive specialty cocktails for whisking the night away.
- CHICA “Mom-Mosa” Brunch with Chef Lorena Garcia (The Venetian Resort), Sunday, May 12: Join Chef Lorena Garcia to celebrate the second anniversary of CHICA at The Venetian in a stunning celebration of Latin American cooking and hospitality showcasing flavors, influences and techniques all reimagined in her distinct global style. This lively brunch event is the perfect way to celebrate Mom or the favorite women in your life, with a variety of Chef Lorena’s favorite dishes served alongside festive brunch cocktails.
Just weeks after tickets went on sale for the country’s leading food, wine and spirits festival, five events have sold out. Limited tickets remain for top-tier events, including fan-favorite Picnic at The Park, May The Best Chef Win: Celebrity Poker Tournament, Yo Cuz! An Italian Afternoon with Steve Martorano, Party Under the Stars at NoMad Pool and Raise a Glass to the Past: A Speakeasy Tasting and Distillery Tour at The Mob Museum.
Visit vegasuncorked.com to purchase tickets.
About Bon Appétit
Bon Appétit is where food and culture meet. The award-winning No. 1 food lifestyle brand covers food through the lens of cooking, fashion, travel, technology, design, and home. As the leading arbiter of taste, its home-grown talent and tireless dedication to recipe testing separates it from the competition by miles. Bon Appétit has been named to Advertising Age’s A-List for eight consecutive years, including Magazine of the Year 2013 and 2017, Brand of the Year 2015, and Digital and Video recognition in 2019, and has been named to Adweek’s Hot List every year since 2012, including Hottest Food Magazine in 2013, 2017 and 2018. Bon Appétit has also been nominated for 32 National Magazine Awards in the past six years, including wins in 2014 for General Excellence and Photography, and in 2017 for General Excellence. For more, visit www.bonappetit.com.
About the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center. With nearly 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and more than 11 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA’s mission centers on attracting ever increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. Download the virtual reality app, Vegas VR, to experience Las Vegas from your iPhone or Android by visiting http://www.vrtv.vegas/. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.visitlasvegas.com.
The names and brands mentioned above are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.