The Venetian and The Palazzo Las Vegas Turn Marquees Green on Saturday, April 22 in Honor of Earth Day
The Venetian®, The Palazzo® Las Vegas, and Sands® Expo will turn exterior marquee signs green to recognize Earth Day on Saturday, April 22.
The resort’s parent company, Las Vegas Sands, has been named the greenest hospitality company in the world, according to the 2016 Newsweek Green Rankings.
The property has a long history of committing to environmental conservation with The Palazzo being the first resort property in Las Vegas to achieve LEED Silver Certification for New Construction in 2008 and The Venetian and Sands Expo holding the distinction of being the only existing buildings in Las Vegas to have achieved LEED Gold Certification for Existing Buildings in 2010. Additional efforts made daily by the property include:
- One of the largest roof-top solar-thermal systems in the US can be found on property and is used to provide hot water for swimming pools and spas.
- The company saves more than 50 million gallons of water through the campus’s innovative cooling tower technology.
- The campus also saves more than 12 million gallons of potable water each year using the nano-filtration water system which is used for irrigation which allows the campus to be completely “off the water grid” for horticultural needs at The Palazzo. The Venetian campus was also awarded 2014 “Water Hero Award” by Southern Nevada Water Authority.
- During the construction of The Palazzo, 70% of waste materials were recycled, diverting nearly 42,000 tons from landfills. Steel made of 95% recycled content and concrete made of 26% recycled content were used.
- The campus recycles every available material possible (plastic, paper, glass, batteries, wood, cooking oil, aluminum cans, soap, toner, E-waste etc.)..
- More than 31,500 pounds of soap and bottled amenities are donated to a local non-profit, “Clean the World” each year which are used to build hygiene kits which are distributed to kids and families worldwide.
- All the unused and unserved prepared banquet food as well as Team Member Dining Areas is donated to multiple non-profit agencies including Catholic Charities and the Las Vegas Rescue Mission to feed people in need. Over 270,000 meals have been donated since the food donation program was launched in 2014.
April 22, 2017
12:01 am until sun-up; sundown until 11:59 pm
The Venetian and The Palazzo Las Vegas
3355 South Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109