WORLD’S FINEST EPICUREAN TALENT RETURNS TO THE LAS VEGAS STRIP FOR
12TH ANNUAL VEGAS UNCORK’D BY BON APPÉTIT, MAY 10–13
Tickets on Sale Now for Culinary Affair Featuring Star-Studded
Chefs, Sommeliers and Mixologists
The country’s leading food, wine and spirits festival, Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit returns May 10–13 with an extraordinary lineup of world-renowned chefs, master sommeliers and cutting-edge mixologists from Caesars Palace, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, The Cromwell, MGM Resorts International, The Venetian and The Palazzo Las Vegas. Continuing its tradition of bringing the world’s most iconic chefs together in one destination, the 12th annual epicurean affair will feature fan favorites, such as Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, Gordon Ramsay, Guy Savoy, Julian Serrano, Lorena Garcia, Masaharu Morimoto, Michael Mina, Nobu Matsuhisa, Stephen Hopcraft and more. Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits of Nevada will return as the official distributor for the festivities.
Tickets are on sale now at vegasuncorked.com.
“Las Vegas continues to redefine epicurean excellence by offering the most comprehensive collection of distinguished restaurants, chefs and master sommeliers,” said Cathy Tull, chief marketing officer for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. “We are thrilled to continue our partnership with Bon Appétit and look forward to providing our guests with unforgettable experiences alongside the world’s most sought-after chefs.”
Recently named one of the top Food and Restaurant Industry Events in BizBash’s 2017 roundup of Top 100 Events in the United States, Vegas Uncork’d continues to evolve, offering a wide range of cocktail-focused events, interactive experiences and extravagant soirees, including the Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace and Picnic at The Park, MGM Resorts’ outdoor dining and entertainment district. Attendees also can expect to see exciting new programming, such as Gordon Ramsay HELL’S KITCHEN at Caesars Palace, Sunset Clambake at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Raise a Glass to the Past: A Speakeasy Tasting and Distillery Tour at The Mob Museum, Chica “Mom-Mosa Brunch” with Chef Lorena Garcia, This Is How We Do It: The Cake Boss and Lisa Valastro Demo and Lunch at The Venetian and A CUT Above the Rest: The Ultimate Steak & Eggs Breakfast at CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Palazzo Las Vegas.
“Las Vegas is a culinary lover’s dream come true. We are thrilled to return this spring to showcase the finest food and beverage the city has to offer,” said Adam Rapoport, Bon Appétit editor in chief. “With exquisite programming featuring new restaurants and interactive experiences, this year’s Vegas Uncork’d will be unlike any other.”
Event tickets are on sale now for featured programming.
New and notable:
- Master Series: An Anniversary Celebration at Nobu (Caesars Palace), Thursday, May 10: Journey inside legendary Japanese chef Nobu Matsuhisa’s expansive Las Vegas destination restaurant to celebrate five successful years of one of the largest Nobu restaurants in the world inside his first Nobu Hotel. Born in Japan, Chef Matsuhisa has used his travels around the globe to create both authentic and inventive Japanese-fusion cuisine. Lucky guests will have the chance to sample a wide variety of dishes and multiple live action stations.
- Master Series: Gordon Ramsay HELL’S KITCHEN (Caesars Palace), Thursday, May 10: Join multi Michelin star award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay at his newest restaurant, HELL’S KITCHEN at Caesars Palace. Inspired by the globally-popular FOX television show, Gordon Ramsay HELL’S KITCHEN provides guests a dining experience unlike any other. Guests will get to experience signature dishes seen on the show, including Ramsay’s famous Beef Wellington, paired with carefully crafted cocktails. With the blue and red kitchen as the focal point of the restaurant, guests will have a front row seat to the action and may even see a few HELL’S KITCHEN familiar faces. VIP EXPERIENCE: Guests will have the opportunity for a meet and greet with Chef Gordon Ramsay at the main event, featuring passed hors d’oeuvres and specialty cocktails. Guests will then gain preferred seating at special chef’s table seating right by the open kitchen at the restaurant.
- Master Series: Rao’s Remembers Frank Sr. (Caesars Palace), Thursday, May 10: Rao’s has stood the test of time and is still widely regarded as one of the hardest reservations to land. Hosted by Rao’s owners Frank Pellegrino Jr. and Ron Straci, this dinner invites guests to remember the late Frank Pellegrino Sr. The evening will celebrate his life and feature some of Frank Sr.’s favorite dishes from time-honored Italian staples to classics that are uniquely Rao’s like their famous lemon chicken. Don’t miss the chance to celebrate his legacy at this special event with the Rao’s family.
- Sunset Clambake at The Cosmopolitan (Boulevard Pool), Thursday, May 10: As the sun goes down high above Las Vegas Boulevard, enjoy a one-of-a-kind seafood boil, at The Cosmopolitan’s rooftop Boulevard Pool. Dine on fresh lobster, shrimp, crab and of course, clams served family style with endless sides and spirits. A live band will perform while guests are invited to compete in backyard games.
- The Chefs of Thomas Keller Present a French Soiree (The Venetian Las Vegas), Thursday, May 10: Thomas Keller’s chefs from his award-winning restaurants Ad Hoc and Bouchon will host a night of food, wine, and fun at Bouchon. Guests will indulge in supreme culinary bites followed by a four-course dinner paired with celebrated wines from California.
- A CUT Above the Rest: The Ultimate Steak & Eggs Breakfast at CUT by Wolfgang Puck (The Palazzo Las Vegas), Friday, May 11: For the first time ever, the award-winning CUT by Wolfgang Puck will prepare an exclusive steak and eggs breakfast—only for guests at Vegas Uncork’d. This memorable meal will showcase Wolfgang’s philosophy of offering only the finest selections of beef, cooked simply and presented beautifully. Your breakfast will be served alongside premium brunch cocktails and a selection of wines to enjoy.
- Coffee & Cake with Giada (Caesars Palace), Friday, May 11: Be one of the very first to celebrate all things coffee at Pronto by Giada, the brand new fast-casual restaurant from Giada De Laurentiis. Guests will enjoy a coffee tasting and education from bean to brew with the experts from Counter Culture Coffee. Along with tasty small bites, including cake, that showcase Giada’s signature cuisine—Italian with a Californian twist.
- This Is How We Do It: The Cake Boss and Lisa Valastro Demo and Lunch (The Venetian Las Vegas) Friday, May 11: Buddy “Cake Boss” Valastro will be joined by his wife Lisa for a mouthwatering lunch and cake demo at Buddy’s restaurant at The Venetian. Guests will have an opportunity to mingle with Buddy and Lisa and sample some of her own recipes that have appeared in both Buddy’s wildly successful and critically-acclaimed cookbooks, as well as on the menus at Buddy V’s Ristorante. The dynamic duo will then lead a specialty cake decorating demo so guests can learn how to be their own “Cake Boss” at home.
- BEHIND THE BAR: Learn the Craft of Cocktailing with the Masters of the Bar at The Venetian & The Palazzo (The Venetian Las Vegas), Saturday, May 12: Cocktail enthusiasts will have the chance to test their talents behind the bar with the master barmen and women of The Venetian & The Palazzo. Juyoung Kang of The Dorsey at The Venetian & Evan Hosaka of Rosina at The Palazzo, will educate and guide guests through the history and relevance of specific spirits, as well as classic and original cocktails. Guests will also get an in-depth, step-by-step demonstration of the cocktails before they step behind the bar to show off their own skills. Guests will also be treated to a reception in their honor with lite bites to enjoy alongside their libation creations and a special parting gift to keep their new-found expertise going at their home bar.
- CrazyShake Master: The Black Tap Epic Milkshake Make-Off (The Venetian Las Vegas), Saturday, May 12: Kids (and kids at heart) can join the Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer team for an epic milkshake “make-off” where you can create your own twist on their world-renowned (and Instagram-famous) CrazyShake™. Use your imagination and let your taste buds go wild for your chance at a spot on their menu with the winning creation! This event is appropriate for young chefs who are older than 10.
- Master Series: Gordon Ramsay Pub Reception & Beer Tasting (Caesars Palace), Saturday, May 12: Join multi Michelin star award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay and brewmasters for an epic beer tasting event at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill. With an incredible beer selection, guests will be treated to a variety of different styles to sample, along with small bites, and pairing tips from the experts. This event will be a beer lover’s dream! Insider tip—Ramsay’s favorite beer is Innis & Gunn.
- Master Series: Old Homestead’s Private Selection Bourbon Dinner, Featuring Pappy Van Winkle (Caesars Palace), Saturday, May 12: Join the team at Old Homestead Steakhouse for a whiskey tasting like none other. Guests will have the chance to taste some of the best and rarest bourbons in the world—including the extremely exclusive Pappy Van Winkle. Paired with delicious culinary offerings from the Old Homestead menu—this will be an evening to remember for whiskey and steak connoisseurs alike.
- Master Series: Women’s Power Lunch (Caesars Palace), Saturday, May 12: This lunch is unlike anything you’ve experienced before! Get up close and personal with chefs Susan Feniger, Christina Tosi, and Elizabeth Blau at Border Grill in The Forum Shops for a lunch celebrating all things female! Guests will indulge in a delicious meal prepared by a team of all-women chefs, sip on curated wines from female winemakers, and indulge in tastings of top-shelf tequila from a women-owned distillery in this first-ever event at Vegas Uncork’d.
- Raise a Glass to the Past: A Speakeasy Tasting and Distillery Tour (The Mob Museum), Saturday, May 12: Step back into the years of Prohibition for a tasting and tour at The Underground, The Mob Museum’s brand-new speakeasy and distillery. Guests will taste a variety of Prohibition-era cocktails, moonshine from the Museum’s own on-site distillery, and delicious passed appetizers while listening to live jazz, exploring eye-opening exhibits and learning inside stories from expert educators.
- Sip of the Culinary Empire with Phil Park (Caesars Palace), Saturday, May 12: Join Director of Wine, Phil Park, for a guided wine tour through the culinary gems inside Caesars Palace. Guests will enjoy specially curated wines and bites from Restaurant Guy Savoy, Mesa Grill, MR CHOW and more. This event is a unique opportunity to sample the best of Caesars Palace under one roof!
- The Thrill of the Grill with Chef Timon Balloo (The Venetian Las Vegas), Saturday, May 12: In this live demo and tasting, Chef-Partner Timon Balloo of SUGARCANE raw bar grill will be showing guests the wide range of techniques and approaches to cooking on a grill. As one of the three kitchens of SUGARCANE raw bar grill, the open fire grill is inspired by the timeless tradition of cooking over a blazing fresh fire—the center of the culinary celebration for ages. Join us to continue this tradition and learn the wondrous depth of flavors and practices of the grill.
- Brunch with Bobby Flay: Gato Comes to Vegas (Caesars Palace), Sunday, May 13: This Mother’s Day, treat the special women in your life to an intimate brunch hosted by celebrity chef Bobby Flay. For the first time ever, Bobby will prepare exclusive dishes from his NYC restaurant Gato in Las Vegas in his Mesa Grill kitchen. Guests will enjoy a variety of his signature Spanish-inspired dishes paired with curated wines and brunch cocktails.
- Chica “Mom-Mosa Brunch” with Chef Lorena Garcia (The Venetian Las Vegas), Sunday, May 13: Join Chef Lorena Garcia to celebrate the one-year anniversary of CHICA at The Venetian. This special day will feature a stunning celebration of Latin American flavors, influences and hospitality, reimagined in her distinct global style. This lively brunch event is the perfect way to celebrate Mom or the favorite women in your life, with a variety of Chef Lorena’s favorite dishes served alongside festive brunch cocktails.
Returning favorites include:
- Tacos, Tequila & Salsa Fiesta with Susan Feniger (Caesars Palace), Thursday, May 10: The perfect event for tequila and taco lovers alike, or anyone who loves a good time. Join Too Hot Tamale and celebrity chef Susan Feniger for an exhilarating evening at Border Grill and enjoy tasty tacos, top-shelf tequila cocktails, and a salsa dance lesson to get everyone moving on the dance floor!
- The Beauty of Sushi with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa (Caesars Palace), Friday, May 11: Journey inside legendary Japanese chef Nobu Matsuhisa’s expansive Las Vegas destination restaurant for a rare opportunity to hear about the philosophy of sushi making from one of the world’s foremost artisans and restaurateurs. Born in Japan, Chef Matsuhisa has used his travels around the globe to create both authentic and inventive Japanese-fusion cuisine. This signature event will give you the chance to see Nobu’s sushi making in action while also sipping premier sake. Discover his inventive “Nobu Style” that fuses classic sushi-making techniques with unique ingredients.
- The Grand Tasting (Caesars Palace), Friday, May 11: The Grand Tasting is the signature event of Vegas Uncork’d, where over 2,500 food enthusiasts enjoy a tantalizing variety of signature dishes prepared by some of the world’s most renowned chefs. The dramatic five-acre Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace will feature more than 50 award-winning chefs and over 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world. EARLY ACCESS: A limited number of tickets are available for early admission.
- Brunch at GIADA: A Toast to Mother’s Day (The Cromwell), Saturday, May 12: Join chef Giada De Laurentiis for a special pre-Mother’s Day brunch at her award-winning namesake restaurant. Guests can treat the most important women in their lives to a delightful brunch menu highlighting Giada’s California-inspired Italian cuisine while indulging in limitless mimosas, live entertainment, and more with the Emmy Award-winning and New York Times best-selling celebrity chef.
- Master Series: The World’s Best, An Epicurean Affair with Guy Savoy (Caesars Palace), Saturday, May 12: Guy Savoy, a Michelin-starred chef, will present a multi-course epicurean affair with premier pairings, serving signature dishes alongside some of the world’s great wines and champagnes at his Forbes Five-Star/AAA Five-Diamond Las Vegas restaurant. With his Paris restaurant recently receiving the “Best Restaurant in the World” award from La Liste for the second year in a row, this meal will take diners on a truly special adventure across Chef Guy Savoy’s empire of tastes and influences, celebrating his achievements through his signature creations paired with wine from the restaurant’s Wine Spectator Grand Award-winning list. A roaming violinist will complete the five-star sensory experience. Don’t miss this rare opportunity for an intimate dinner with a world-renowned legend. The Krug Chef’s Table: Experience exclusive like never before and be one of six at the extremely intimate Chef’s table—your portal into the chef’s den. At the only Krug Chef’s Table in the U.S., you’ll sip the luxurious Krug Champagne and dine on a special menu prepared by chef Guy Savoy right in front of you.
- Picnic at The Park with Masaharu Morimoto, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano, Shawn McClain, Roy Ellamar & More (The Park, located between Monte Carlo (soon to be Park MGM) and New York-New York), Saturday, May 12: Enjoy the second annual Picnic at The Park, Vegas style! Featuring live music and some of MGM Resorts’ most notable chefs including Masaharu Morimoto, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano, Shawn McClain and Roy Ellamar, Picnic at The Park will offer creative twists on classic al fresco dining perfectly paired with wine curated by Master Sommelier Jason Smith, cocktails by Mixologist Craig Schoettler and a variety of beer. Located on the Las Vegas Strip, this outdoor dining and entertainment district provides an ideal backdrop for you to enjoy a fun, interactive afternoon picnicking with celebrated chefs. EARLY ACCESS: Gain early admission to the event with an Early Access ticket. A limited number of tickets are available to deliver the undivided attention of experts on-site, an exclusive signature cocktail available only to early access guests, and an opportunity to interact with the chefs in a more intimate setting.
- Rao’s Italian Brunch with The Rao’s Family (Caesars Palace), Sunday, May 13: Transport yourself to Southern Italy at this intimate afternoon affair at Rao’s Restaurant. You’ll join owners Frank Pellegrino Jr. and Ron Straci to celebrate Mother’s Day for a true Rao’s family-style event. Enjoy a seasonally inspired multi-course brunch featuring authentic family recipes and unique cocktails in honor of the occasion.
About Bon Appétit
Bon Appétit is where food and culture meet. The award-winning No. 1 food lifestyle brand covers food through the lens of cooking, fashion, travel, technology, design, and home. Bon Appétit has been named to Advertising Age’s A-List for six consecutive years, including Magazine of the Year 2013 and 2017, and Brand of the Year 2015, and has been named to Adweek’s Hot List every year since 2012, including Hottest Food Magazine in 2013 and 2017. Bon Appétit has also been nominated for 23 National Magazine Awards in the past five years, including wins in 2014 for General Excellence and Photography, and in 2017 for General Excellence. For more, visit bonappetit.com.
About the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With nearly 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and more than 11 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA’s mission centers on attracting ever increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. Download the virtual reality app, Vegas VR, to experience Las Vegas from your iPhone or Android by visiting www.vrtv.vegas. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.visitlasvegas.com.