Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens Celebrates the Magic of Love with Enchanting Spring Display, “Giardino Dell’ Amore”
Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens transports guests to a romantic European garden as it welcomes spring with its new display, “Giardino Dell’ Amore.” Through May 20, visitors can revel in the splendor of the season as love blooms around them with glamorous floral creations, flowing fountains and a vibrant tunnel of love.
A collaborative effort between designer Ed Libby and the talented Bellagio Horticulture team, “Giardino Dell’ Amore” is an immersive experience that pays homage to Bellagio’s Italian inspiration. The display engages all five senses: a custom “L’Amore” scent fills the air with hints of orange blossom while a dreamy soundtrack sets the ambiance amidst the visual delights of the display. The Garden Table stimulates taste and touch with a distinct dining experience at the heart of the Conservatory.
“When creating ‘Giardino Dell’ Amore,’ our goal was to immerse guests in the blissful feeling of love as they embark on a sensory journey through our European garden,” said Libby. “Within each meticulous detail of the Conservatory lies the beauty of love, including its strength, endurance and its many forms, from love shared with others to the affection we show ourselves.”
Visitors can enjoy a romantic stroll through a garden of timeless beauty in the West Bed, featuring an enchanting pavilion-style gazebo and an elegant European fountain. Under the gaze of two joyful cherub statues playing Cupid, two young love birds float on the water as their long necks merge to form a heart. Rose-covered lanterns accompany beautiful white wisteria trees standing tall as majestic reminders of love’s strength and endurance. Tucked in the corner of this bed is The Garden Table, the resort’s most exclusive dining experience.
The North Bed features a majestic fountain adorned with the iconic Bellagio “B” encircled beneath by a manicured boxwood hedge. A 14-foot-tall sun representing life, energy and positivity radiates light through the garden scene while colorful koi fish swim playfully in the glistening pond. Gazing deeper, guests will discover a tiered, 17-foot-tall fountain surrounded byLED theatrical screens, presenting images of vibrant fountains with flowing waters. Creating a peaceful scene of beauty, the gardens are lined with classic green boxwood shapes, live trees with oranges and orange blossoms signifying good luck and health.
Four floral heart-shaped arches stretch across the East Bed providing a larger-than-life pathway, perfect for sharing a symbolic journey of romance. A beautifully reclaimed European-style centerpiece fountain greets guests in the center of a distinct “Tunnel of Love.” Glowing softly above the romantic pathway are five patina-colored copper chandeliers, hanging as reminders of the luminous feeling of a new or renewed love for ourselves and those we treasure most.
A magnificent European-style white marble gazebo draped in multicolored flora sits at the center of the South Bed beneath the outstretched branches of wisteria trees. Floating peacefully upon the gentle water is a “dream boat” with a champagne presentation, reminiscent of the romantic splendor of Lake Como in the Northern Italian town of Bellagio, the original inspiration for the Las Vegas resort. Presiding over the captivating moment sits a regal white peacock representing a promise of rejuvenation, self-acceptance and romance.
The Garden Table
Nestled amidst a romantic garden sits The Garden Table, surrounded by enchanting florals, a pond featuring two young lovebirds, rose-covered lanterns and beautiful white wisteria trees. The unrivaled setting is complemented by brunch service from Sadelle’s and dinner from MICHAEL MINA Bellagio:
- Menu highlights include Avocado Toast, House-Cured Salmon Tower with Caviar and Bagels, Steak & Eggs, French Toast and Salmon Benedict, among other specialties, along with dessert and select beverages. To view the entire menu, click here.
- Available seven days a week; reservations available at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. only
- Accommodates up to six guests; reservation time is limited to 1.5 hours
- $125/pp prix fixe menu, exclusive of tax and gratuity
MICHAEL MINA Dinner
- Menu highlights include Red Norway Crab, Mediterranean Sea Bass, A5 Miyazaki Wagyu, among other specialties, along with dessert and select beverages. To view the entire menu, click here.
- Available Wednesday through Sunday; reservations available at 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. only
- Accommodates up to four guests; reservation time is limited to 2.5 hours
- $349/pp prix fixe menu, exclusive of tax and gratuity
Reservations are required for The Garden Table and can be made online or by calling 702.693.7317.
Sustainability at the Conservatory
Water used in Bellagio’s Conservatory and Botanical Gardens comes from on-site underground wells that use rain and recycled water from the resort, avoiding the use of municipal potable water. The water in the Conservatory is also recycled throughout the exhibit and reused at the resort. Bellagio’s water conservation efforts are part of MGM Resort International’s overall sustainability commitment.
At the conclusion of each display, plants and botanical material without remaining viable life are separated for collection by a local composting facility. The organic waste is made into compost products to help improve the environment. This method of recycling keeps thousands of pounds of waste out of local landfills and turns it into something that improves the region’s soil, air and water quality.
2023 Spring Display by the Numbers
- 125,000: Individual spring blooms in floral garlands
- 24,000: Roses on the “Tunnel of Love” heart arches
- 11,541: Potted plants and flowers
- 8,000: Pounds of the South Bed marble gazebo
- 7,800: Purple and white blooming branches on the wisteria trees
- 5,200: Square footage of boxwood hedging in the spring display
- 3,000: Hand applied feathers on the peacock
- 320: Orange and citrus fruit in the North Bed trees
- 80: Artists, horticulturists and engineers used to create the spring display
- 25: Bellagio “B” letters in the display
- 16 feet: Height of twin cherub sculptures
- 2: Colossal swans
- 1: Dream boat with a champagne presentation
Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens is complimentary and open to the public 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To learn more, please visit Bellagio’s Newsroom.
About Bellagio Resort & Casino
Inspired by the beautiful villages of Europe, the AAA Five Diamond Bellagio Resort & Casino overlooks a Mediterranean-blue, 8 ½-acre lake in which fountains perform a magnificent aquatic ballet. Award-winning dining, a world-class art gallery, the exquisite Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, the stunning performance of “O” by Cirque du Soleil, a sumptuous spa and salon and exclusive luxury shopping all work together to compose the symphony that is Bellagio. Bellagio is owned by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit bellagio.com, call toll-free at (888) 987-6667 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.