Fashion Icon Patricia Field Hosts 2012 Fashion’s Night Out at Las Vegas’ Crystals at CityCenter
Do Good, Look Good: Score Latest Fall Fashions from Favorite Designers and Support Local Charities During FNO Celebration
Emmy Award-winning fashion visionary Patricia Field will bring her designer prowess to Las Vegas’ Crystals at CityCenter to celebrate Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) on Thursday, Sept. 6. The legendary stylist, renowned for her work with Sarah Jessica Parker in “Sex and the City” and Meryl Streep in “The Devil Wears Prada,” will join top designers and local charities at the exquisite shopping and dining center for one of the largest fashion events Las Vegas has ever seen.
From 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Crystals will offer unique in-store and destination-wide experiences, feature performances from Nevada Ballet Theatre and spotlight the hottest looks with models strolling the center dressed in the latest fall fashions. Crystals also will host celebrity stylist and designer Patricia Field’s first fashion trends showcase in Las Vegas. Fashion’s Night Out is a global initiative created in 2009 to put the fun back into fashion through dynamic events and partnerships.
Crystals invites FNO attendees to shop for a cause at their favorite designers with the second annual “Charity Crawl.” Participating retailers will donate a percentage of sales to the local charity partner they have selected for the evening, which include:
- Assouline / Easter Seals Nevada
- Bottega Veneta / After-School All-Stars Las Vegas
- Brunello Cucinelli / The Pajama Program
- Dior / Jewish Federation of Las Vegas
- Donna Karan / United Way of Southern Nevada
- Fendi / Opportunity Village
- Jimmy Choo / Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
- Kiki de Montparnasse / UC San Diego Nevada Cancer Institute
- Marni / Lied Discovery Children’s Museum
- Paul Smith / Positively Arts Foundation
- Prada / Nathan Adelson Hospice
- Pucci / The Shade Tree Shelter
- Roberto Cavalli / The Public Education Foundation
- Stella McCartney / Nevada Ballet Theatre
- TAG Heuer / Keep Memory Alive
“This year’s Fashion’s Night Out celebration at Crystals is an incredible opportunity for Las Vegas locals and visitors to enjoy and learn about fashion while supporting a wide array of charitable causes,” said Farid Matraki, senior vice president and general manager of Crystals. “We debuted the philanthropic element to Fashion’s Night Out in 2011 with incredible success and are elated to introduce even more charity-designer partnerships this year.”
Throughout the night, retailers will celebrate with in-store activities including cocktails and hors d‘oeuvres, DJs, photo booths and more. Other festivities will include:
- Dream Racing Pit Stop – Take part in a luxury experience that will get your adrenaline pumping with 3D Ferrari racing simulators and fully suited driving professionals on hand to give first-hand racing advice. Sip cocktails at the private bar and enjoy time in the “man cave,” a haven for all things masculine.
- Nevada Ballet Theatre – Enjoy intimate “pop-up” performances by the brilliant Nevada Ballet Theatre, the state’s largest professional ballet company and dance academy. Featuring talented dancers performing their vast repertoire of styles, this will be a performance you won’t soon forget.
- Spa & Salon Vdara – Vdara Hotel & Spa will offer complimentary hand massages, exciting prizes and special resort discounts at its “mini spa”.
- Gallery Row – CityCenter’s featured gallery artists Dale Chihuly, Rodney Lough Jr. and Richard MacDonald will present mini galleries of their spectacular works.
- Michael Shulman – Las Vegas social maven Michael Shulman will serve as the evening’s master of ceremonies as well as provide high-energy DJ stylings, adding a new level of fun to the evening’s events.
- smartwater hydration lounge – Take a break from shopping and enjoy complimentary ice-cold smartwater® served by stylish smartwater® brand ambassadors in a chic lounge area with picture-perfect views of the main stage.
Admission to Fashion’s Night Out is free and open to the public. For additional details on Fashion’s Night Out, visit crystalsatcitycenter.com and fashionsnightout.com and follow Crystals on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news.
ABOUT CRYSTALS AT CITYCENTER
Crystals at CityCenter is an exquisite 500,000-square-foot shopping and dining experience at the entrance to CityCenter, an unprecedented development on the Las Vegas Strip. Designed by Studio Daniel Libeskind and Rockwell Group, Crystals delights the senses with its contemporary art, elaborate water and ice displays, lush floral décor and iconic elements including a 70-foot-tall tree house. Rivaling shopping meccas throughout the world, Crystals features the largest Louis Vuitton store in North America, as well as flagship stores for Prada, Gucci, Tiffany & Co., Roberto Cavalli and Ermenegildo Zegna. Unique-to-the-market retailers include TOM FORD, Stella McCartney, Paul Smith, Donna Karan, Kiton, Kiki De Montparnasse, Marni, Assouline, H. Stern, Tourbillon, Porsche Design, de Grisogono, Lanvin and rLo Gallery (Rodney Lough Jr. Wilderness Collections Gallery). Crystals is also home to a selection of premier restaurants, many of which are new to Las Vegas, including Mastro’s Ocean Club; Todd English P.U.B; and Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina. Crystals has received LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, making it the world’s largest retail district to receive this level of recognition. For more information on Crystals, please visit: crystalsatcitycenter.com.
About Fashion’s Night Out
Fashion’s Night Out (FNO) is an unprecedented global initiative originally created in 2009 to celebrate fashion, restore consumer confidence, and boost the industry’s economy during the recession. On September 8, 2011, in response to overwhelming demand, Fashion’s Night Out will return to New York City and over 100 cities nationwide to highlight fashion and support retail with exciting events that include designer appearances, celebrity guests, fashion shows and musical performances. In the United States, the program is a collaboration between American Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company, and the City of New York. For more information visit www.fashionsnightout.com, or join us on Facebook and Twitter (@fnonyc, #FNO)