All eyes were on country music star Miranda Lambert at last night’s 2014 Country Music Association Awards, and not just for her four award wins and buzzworthy performance with pop star Meghan Trainor. As one of the red carpet’s ‘best dressed’, we were head-over-heels for Miranda’s stunning and varied looks throughout the evening. To recreate Miranda’s country glam hairstyles at home, Pureology Artistic Ambassador Sandra Joseph shares her step-by-steps on how to get each of Miranda’s looks.
Red carpet Hollywood glam
- To protect and strengthen blonde locks like Miranda’s, apply a small amount Pureology Strength Cure Fabulous Lengths on damp hair from roots to ends.
- Layer two pumps Bodifying Luminator texturing shine-foam and one pump of Gold Definer contour shine-gel for volume, control, and shine. Blow-dry with a medium round brush to create bend and bounce.
- Using a ¾-inch iron, curl hair around the iron. Pin hair with prong clips and allow to cool.
- Take out clips, create a side part and brush hair with a soft bristle brush. Smooth right side behind the ear and secure with pins.
- Emulsify a small amount of Density Definer medium hold crème wax in palm of hands. Smooth top and right side for extra polish and shine.
- Finish by piecing remaining locks with an additional application of Density Definer medium hold crème wax.
The modern textured bob
- Start with dry hair and apply Root Lift spray hair mousse throughout for grip and texture.
- Blow-dry with fingers to create volume and separation.
- Using a 1-inch iron, take vertical sections and curl random pieces back and forth.
- Rake curls with fingers to loosen while applying Piecing Sculpt high holding sculpting fiber paste for definition.
- Back comb under layers of hair with fingers to provide added lift and fullness.
- Finish with Supreme Control high-hold hairspray for an all-night hold.
A smooth finish as Female Vocalist of the Year
- Begin with damp hair and mist Pureology Colour Fanatic from roots to ends. This perfect primer will protect hair from heat and keep colour vibrant.
- Apply two pumps of Gold Definer contour shine-gel throughout for smoothness and shine. Wrap dry hair with a paddle brush.
- Starting from the bottom and working to the top, take 1/2- inch panels of hair and flat iron.
- Finish with a mist of Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for light hold and added shine.