Going to a beach wedding this summer, or always wanted to have your wedding at the beach? Redken Artist Jackie Litscher shows us how to get beachy waves yourself, or what to tell your stylist you want, below!
“My beachy, bridal inspiration for this look was a chic, effortless look that also has a classiness behind it. This look will last all day and night, and you can really make it your own by adding in a hair piece like I did here, twisting your hair into a knot at the back of your head, or leaving all your hair down with the loose waves. The hair piece really adds a fun element to the look – it’s the perfect addition to have an effortless look with a twist, an accessory you wouldn’t normally wear.” – Redken Artist Jackie Litscher.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep dry hair with a few spritzes of Redken Iron Shape 11 throughout your lengths and ends for heat protection and a touch of hold.
- Comb out 1” sections of your hair with a fine-tooth comb, then use a 1” curling iron on each section moving away from your face.
- Allow all of the areas to cool.
- Using a crimping iron, crimp the under layers at the back of your head for added root volume. If you don’t have a crimping iron, simply backcomb these sections with a fine-toothed comb.
- Starting on one side of your head, take the face-framing sections of your hair in the front (about ¼ of your total hair’s thickness) and separate into two sections.
- Twist these sections around each other, then secure in the back with bobby pins. Repeat on the other side of your head.
- Using your fingers, allow your face-framing baby hairs to peek out on either side to soften the look and add to its effortless vibe.
- Spray a few spritzes of Redken Control Addict 28 all over the look for hold and humidity protection.
- If desired, secure a glitzy barrette in the back to add a bit of extra polish.