There’s no better way to jump start the day than with Redken For Men’s NEW mint-fused Invigorating System, now in salons! The new & improved mint clean invigorating shampoo and cool finish invigorating conditioner feature an upgraded peppermint scent, increased foaming action, and an optimal concentration of invigorating and soothing ingredients to help maintain scalp balance.
Don’t forget that Redken Creative Consultant Guido, who’s in the midst of styling hair for the Fall 2012 women’s collections, styles the guys too! He created the looks for the Jill Sander and Dolce & Gabbana shows at Men’s Fashion Week Fall 2012 in Milan in January, and Redken for Men’s new Invigorating System was essential for each show.
The two shows conveyed a very different kind of men’s style to reflect the two unique collections. Both looks, however, were very wearable and fitting for a modern, cutting-edge man. See below for how-to’s for the looks!
At the Jill Sander show, Guido’s inspiration was a business man in the 1980’s, fitting as well with the designers’ cross-generational collection for a man who’s also still a bit of a boy. Guido said the key to the style was “really clean hair.” So Guido and team first made sure models’ hair was washed with Redken’s brand-new Redken For Men Mint Clean Invigorating Shampoo and Cool Finish Invigorating Conditioner, and started the style with wet hair.
- Apply Redken thickening lotion 06 all-over body builder to damp hair, and then start to blow dry with a classic styling brush section by section to smooth the hair give volume.
- As hair starts to dry, start moving the comb over to the right side so that the style “flows” off to the side.
- When you’ve achieved the right shape and hair is dry, finish the style with Redken fashion work 12 versatile working spray, smoothing any stray hairs for a clean, sharp look.
Dolce & Gabbana
Guido took his inspiration for the show from a vision he had of “an Italian artist with a romantic style” to fit the almost costume-like collection which was inspired by generations of the designer’s Italian family in Sicily. This style also required very clean hair, but after shampooing models with Redken For Men Mint Clean Invigorating Shampoo and Cool Finish Invigorating Conditioner, Guido let the hair dry naturally.
- Use a small ½ inch curling iron on dry hair to give the look more movement, especially in the front and sides.
- Pass through the style with a comb to break the curl.
- Style the hair with Redken For Men dishevel fiber cream to maintain a dynamic style with a natural, matte finish and slight hold.
Start or end your day with an energizing chill now that the popular mint-fused Redken For Men Invigorating System is back and even better than before!