MANDALAY BAY TO HOST
BEER VS. WINE PAIRING DINNER AT MIX
Hosted by Certified Cicerone Sarah Johnson and Director of Wine
Harley Carbery, the Dinner Challenges Guests to Determine the Best Pairing
Mandalay Bay will set the stage for a fun and interactive culinary competition between two of the leading beverage experts in Las Vegas Wednesday, May 21 at 7:30 p.m. at miX Restaurant. Hosted by Mandalay Bay’s Director of Food and Beverage and Certified Cicerone Sarah Johnson and Director of Wine Harley Carbery, the exclusive dinner menu, created by miX Executive Chef Bruno Riou, will pair each course with a beer and wine selection. Carbery will explain to guests why his wine pairing is the best choice followed by Johnson, who will entice guests to select beer as the ideal pairing for a specific course. The two will go head-to-head throughout the culinary experience with the assistance of Winemaker Russell From of Herman Story Wines and Brewmaster Matthew Brynildson of Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
After each course, guests will determine the winner of the battle by a round of applause to show their support for #TeamWine or #TeamBeer. One team will be crowned champion until the next chapter of this interactive and unparalleled rivalry continues. Future events will be announced at a later date.
The five course menu, with wine and beer pairing, will include:
Bigeye Tuna Tartare served with crunchy vegetables and topped with satay sauce; paired with:
- #TeamBeer: Easy Jack
- #TeamWine: Tomboy 2009
- Seared Duck Fois Gras served with pineapple chutney; paired with:
- #TeamBeer: Double Jack
- #TeamWine: Whitehawk 2007
- Cod Brandade served with lemon, capers, brown butter, croutons and fried parsley; paired with:
- #TeamBeer: Opal
- #TeamWine: Casual Encounters 2011
- Filet Mignon with shitakii gratin and stuffed piquillos; paired with:
- #TeamBeer: Stickee Monkee
- #TeamWine: Nuts & Bolts 2012
- miX Candy Bar served with a coconut-lime sorbet; paired with:
- #TeamBeer: Parabajava
- #TeamWine: On the Road 2012
Tickets are priced at $125 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity. To make a reservation, visit miX in Las Vegas online. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to attend.