Each year, the Grammy Awards are known for the bringing us the unexpected and last night was no exception, even when it came to the hair. As a change from years past where styles from Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj typically steal the show, last night’s hairstyles proved to be more laid back and attainable. Pureology Artistic Ambassadors Ruth Roche and Sandra Joseph share simple steps to recreate the red carpet looks at home.
Gwen Stefani (provided by Pureology Artistic Ambassador Sandra Joseph)
- On damp hair, lightly mist Pureology Perfect for Platinum Miracle Filler Treatment to strengthen hair and add shine. Add two pumps of Bodifying Luminatortexturizing shine-foam for body and fullness.
- Blowdry hair away from the face with a Denman brush, lifting the roots on the top of the head for volume.
- Gather the hair from the sides and the back and loosely twist into the center back. Secure with pins.
- For increased hold and shine, emulsify a small amount of Anti Breakage Twist shine texturizer to fingers and rake through the top section. Curl the hair with a large iron on base for volume and bend.
- Backcomb the top section and apply additional Anti Breakage Twist shine texturizer to random pieces for definition, texture and shine.
- Finish with Supreme Control high hold hairspray for an all-night hold.
Taylor Swift (provided by Pureology Artistic Ambassado Sandra Joseph)
- Mist Pureology Colour Fanatic throughout damp hair.
- Blowdry with a large flat brush, pushing the hair around the head to create shape.
- When the hair is half-way dry, apply Root Lift spray hair mousse from roots to ends. Continue blowdrying with a medium round brush for body, lift and bend.
- In your palms, emulsify a small amount of Cuticle Polisher shine serum and smooth over the hair. Re-blowdry for added shine and hold.
- Create a deep right side part, tuck left side behind the ear and smooth the top section over to the right side.
- Finish detailing with a few short bursts of Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray.
Katy Perry (provided by Pureology Artistic Ambassador Ruth Roche)
- To achieve Katy’s natural wavy and undone bobbed hair, begin by misting Pureology Colour Fanatic throughout damp hair.
- For volume and fullness, apply Silk Bodifier volumizing mousse from roots to end by scrunching into the hair.
- Diffuse to help keep hair’s texture in intact, continuing to scrunch as you go.
- Finish by applying Density Definer medium hold crème wax through the strands with fingers.
- Mist with a few short bursts of Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for added shine and hold.
Visit StyleSeat.com/Pureology to book an appointment or buy authentic Pureology products from your local salon.