Hair by Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken Creative Consultant Guido refrained from hairspray altogether at Alberta Ferretti, opting for a more undone look this season. Instead, Guido applied guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to create as much natural texture and volume as possible. Before loosely braiding the hair, Guido used a curling iron around the hairline to create even more volume.
“The messy structure of the braid resembles a hairstyle one might imagine a peasant girl wearing during the Renaissance. While the look itself is quite simply, the style is soft and very romantic.”-Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
- Apply guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam all over on damp hair
- Blow-dry using a diffuser and scrunch hair
- Once the hair is dry, spray iron shape 11 finishing thermal spray and use a 1″ curling iron to create waves around the hairline
- Create a messy center part and loosely gather hair into a braid, making sure to lift the front for volume
- Secure braid at the ends using a hair tie
- Pull out a few pieces to open up or widen the braid
- Finish with wax blast 10 high impact finishing spray-wax to extend the life of the braid
Photos by Matt Lever for Redken.
To locate a Redken salon please log on to redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. For further information, please contact us at the information listed above. For more information visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on twitter @Redken5thAve and Instagram www.instagram.com/redken5thave