Once the first whistle blows to signal the start of the highly anticipated World Cup, visitors and locals alike can choose from a power shot of celebratory offerings at MGM Resorts restaurants. Talented chefs and bartenders from, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, Luxor and Excalibur have created victorious fare and libations made for titleholders.
- FIVE50 Pizza Bar,the industrial-chic casual concept by renowned chef Shawn McClain serves up wood-fired pizzas, flavorful small plates, artisanal charcuterie, international cheeses, seasonal salsas, handmade pastas and decadent desserts as well as more than 50 craft beers. FIVE50 is located next to the Race and Sports Book and will broadcast the World Cup games on televisions centrally positioned above the main bar.
- Julian Serrano, the authentic Spanish tapas restaurant serving small plates ideal for sharing, will be honoring the World Cup with half priced glasses of their signature sangrias during all games. Available in red, white or sparkling, this traditional celebratory beverage is sure to inspire cheers as the players duke it out on the field.
- PUB 1842, the casual tavern-style eatery by Celebrity Chef Michael Mina will be an ideal place to watch every play. In honor of the restaurant’s one-year anniversary, all burgers and a food and beer pairing weekly-special will be available for $18.42 and a PUB 3-course dinner for $30 including half-sized nachos and a choice of burger, cookie and shake will round out the lineup of specials.
- TAP Sports Bar will allow fans to soak in all the action in real time alongside a great roster of menu items. Don’t miss a kick with 60 HD flat screen TVs, local and seasonal craft beers and a comfortable, high-energy atmosphere fit for any championship game. TAP’s summer specials include: a refreshing Watermelon Salad made with Tanaka Farms watermelon, summer tomatoes, peppered arugula, red onions, Feta cheese and white balsamic vinaigrette; Copper River Salmon served with summer sweet corn, smashed fingerling potatoes, and marinated baby tomatoes; Rib-eye marinated in TAP’s special seasoning served with summer sweet corn on the cob; and a Cherry Pie Shake made with Amarena cherries and topped with double chocolate fluff, red velvet streusel and a pie crust twist.
- Guests can keep the hype up all month long with the Beer Passport Program where beers representing World Cup participating countries will be available in KUMI, Red Square, Citizens Kitchen & Bar, Mandalay Bay Sports Book, eyecandy sound lounge & bar, Mizuya, and Mandalay Bay Beach. Guests who purchase these specialty beers will get their passport stamped and may enter their completed passports into a drawing for a grand prize. As an added bonus, some purchases will be accompanied by giveaways or entry into a raffle. Guests may pick up a passport at participating venues.
- Guests can enjoy the championship game with a viewing party inside the Terry Fator Theatre with a variety of packages available with featured drink and fare combinations including El Jimador Fresca Paloma, Jack and Coke, Heineken, soft drinks, popcorn, soft pretzels, nachos, hamburgers and hot dogs.
- BLT Burger will feature a $5 Michelado red beers made with Corona draught, Clamato juice, lime juice, Tabasco and pepper served in a salt-rimmed glass with ice and a lime all month in honor of the tournament.
- With a selection of more than 300 beers and 35 televisions, The Pub at Monte Carlo is a prime location to cool down as the soccer frenzy heats up. An extensive menu of juicy burgers, sandwiches, salads and appetizers, as well as drink specials, will be available to fuel guests as they cheer their team to victory during each game.
Luxor and Excalibur
- Guests who want to pamper their palates can sip on a variety of game-time libations. Bars at Luxor and Excalibur will feature Patron cocktails and margaritas, beer and Patron shot specials and $25 mix and match buckets of beer including Bud, Bud Light, Corona and Heineken.
- Public House will offer an international menu of specialty dishes inspired by the teams playing in the tournament. To complement menu selections, guests may sip on $6 Heineken draughts, Patron cocktails and margarita specials, $5 Bud Light draughts and $8 Budweiser commemorative bottles.
This is a mere sampling of the offerings created to celebrate the World Cup at MGM Resorts restaurants.