ANGELA BASSETT, AMERICA FERRERA, CHLOË GRACE MORETZ AND DENNIS QUAID TO ANNOUNCE THE NOMINEES OF THE
73RD ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS ON DECEMBER 10, 2015
HOLLYWOOD FOREIGN PRESS ASSOCIATION TO LIVE STREAM THE ANNOUNCEMENT AT WWW.GOLDENGLOBES.COM BEGINNING AT 5:15AM (PST); TODAY SHOW TO LIVE BROADCAST AT 5:38AM (PST)
The HFPA will LIVE stream the nominations ceremony in its entirety at www.GoldenGlobes.com beginning at 5:15 a.m. (PST); while the Today Show will LIVE broadcast the second set of categories beginning at 5:38 a.m. (PST).
Nominations will be announced in 25 categories:
In no particular order
- Best Motion Picture ‑‑ Drama
- Best Motion Picture -‑ Musical or Comedy
- Best Motion Picture — Animated
- Best Motion Picture — Foreign Language
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture ‑‑ Drama
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture ‑‑ Drama
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture ‑‑ Musical or Comedy
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture ‑‑ Musical or Comedy
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture
- Best Director ‑‑ Motion Picture
- Best Screenplay ‑‑ Motion Picture
- Best Original Score ‑‑ Motion Picture
- Best Original Song ‑‑ Motion Picture
- Best Television Series ‑‑ Drama
- Best Television Series ‑‑ Musical or Comedy
- Best Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture made for Television
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture made for Television
Perhaps best known for her breakthrough role as Betty Suarez on ABC’s hit comedy “Ugly Betty,” Golden Globe-winner and two-time nominee America Ferrera recently wrapped production on Ricky Gervais’ satirical film, “Special Correspondents,” set to premiere on Netflix in 2016. She currently stars on NBC’s new comedy, “Superstore,” in addition to serving as a producer on the series. Ferrera is also known for her outstanding roles in “Cesar Chavez,” “End of Watch,” “It’s a Disaster” and “Lords of Dogtown.” She is currently working on the DreamWorks mega-franchise “How to Train Your Dragon 3” which is set for release in 2018.
Chloë Grace Moretz has been captivating audiences since she was five years old when she booked a lead role in Michael Bay’s remake of “The Amityville Horror” for MGM. She has appeared in nearly thirty films since then, working with the industry’s elite filmmakers and gaining accolades along the way. She can next be seen starring in Rick Yancey’s trilogy, “The Fifth Wave,” set for release in January 2016.
Renowned for his distinct portrayals in both comedic and dramatic roles over the past forty years, two-time Golden Globe nominee Dennis Quaid took his first step into the spotlight in the late 1970s for roles in such films as “Breaking Away,” before gaining public and critical acclaim for his role in the 1983 release “The Right Stuff.” Other notable credits include “The Rookie,” “The Day After Tomorrow,” “Traffic,” “Vantage Point,” “Frequency,” “The Parent Trap” and “Soul Surfer.” Most recently, Quaid starred in and executive produced Crackle’s auction drama series, “The Art of More,” which was just renewed for a second season. In 2016, Quaid will star in the comedy-drama film “A Dog’s Purpose,” alongside Bradley Cooper and Britt Robertson.
The 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards, hosted by Ricky Gervais, will air on Sunday, January 10, 2016, LIVE coast-to-coast on NBC from 8:00-11:00 p.m. (EST)/5:00-8:00 p.m. (PST) from the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA. Produced by dick clark productions in association with the HFPA, the Golden Globe Awards are viewed in more than 210 countries worldwide and are one of the few awards ceremonies to include both motion picture and television achievements.
Lorenzo Soria is President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Allen Shapiro, CEO of dick clark productions, Mike Mahan, President of dick clark productions and Barry Adelman, Executive VP of Television at dick clark productions, will serve as executive producers.
ABOUT THE HOLLYWOOD FOREIGN PRESS ASSOCIATION
Founded in the 1940s during World War II, the HFPA was originally comprised of a handful of LA based overseas journalists who sought to bridge the international community with Hollywood, and to provide distraction from the hardships of war through film. Seventy years later, members of the HFPA represent 55 countries with a combined readership of 250 million in some of the world’s most respected publications. Each year, the organization holds the third most watched awards show on television, the Golden Globe® Awards, which has enabled the organization to donate more than $23.9 million to entertainment related charities and scholarship programs. For more information, please visit www.GoldenGlobes.com and follow us on Twitter (@GoldenGlobes) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/GoldenGlobes).
ABOUT DICK CLARK PRODUCTIONS
dick clark productions (dcp) is the world’s largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the “Academy of Country Music Awards,” “American Country Countdown Awards,” “American Music Awards,” “Billboard Music Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” “Golden Globe Awards” and the “Streamy Awards.” Weekly television programming includes “So You Think You Can Dance” from 19 Entertainment, a division of CORE Media Group and dcp; and “World’s Funniest” from Jukin Media and dcp. dcp also owns one of the world’s most unique and extensive entertainment archive libraries with more than 55 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. For additional information, visit www.dickclark.com.