Memorial Day is upon us, and with that the promise of long summer days (and nights!) ahead. Whether your Memorial Day plans call for frizz-fighting at the beach, a classic up-do at a wedding or a humid outdoor evening BBQ, be sure to pack all of your go-to haircare travel essentials so your hair is picture-perfect from dawn to dusk. Need an effortless yet chic go-to summer style this summer? Look no further! Pureology Pure Artist, Sandra Joseph shares below her step-by-steps to achieve the “Twisted Tousle Bun”:
- Begin with dry hair and layer Pureology Root Lift spray hair mousse for texture, grip and shine. Blowdry smooth.
- For added shine and hold, emulsify a dime-size amount of Colour Stylist Cuticle Polisher shine serum in your palms and distribute evenly. Create a left-side part and slice, parting to the lower right-side corner. Gather all the hair in the large section and secure into a low ponytail. Twist the ponytail and add an elastic to the ends.
- Gather 1-2 inches of hair around the fringe, wrap loosely and secure with a clip.
- Gather remaining hair into a ponytail behind the right ear. Twist ponytail and add an elastic to the end.
- Wrap both ponytails into low buns and secure with pins. Lightly pull apart the buns to create a piecey look.
- Release the fringe and twist, then secure the ends with an elastic. Wrap the section around the two buns. Secure with pins then loosen with fingers to soften the look.
- Finish your look with a mist of Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero-dulling hairspray for a great finish.
For more product and purchase information, to find a salon, book your next appointment or buy genuine Pureology products from your local salon, visit Pureology.com. Pureology is also available at Ulta, Beauty Brands and JCPenney Salons.