THE VENETIAN® AND THE PALAZZO® CELEBRATE WINTER IN VENICE™ WITH 50 DAYS OF ITALIAN-INSPIRED HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES
The Venetian and The Palazzo Las Vegas are home to Winter in Venice™, the second-annual celebration of the winter holiday season on the Las Vegas Strip. Dubbed “A Gift of The Venetian,” Winter in Venice features 50 days of holiday festivities throughout both resorts Nov. 18 to Jan. 6. For more information on Winter in Venice, please visit venetian.com or palazzo.com.
OUTDOOR SKATING RINK: Guests are invited to take a spin on the outdoor skating rink adjacent to the outdoor gondola attraction with skating sessions. Made of recyclable polymer, the synthetic ice rink requires no refrigeration or electricity, making for environmentally friendly holiday revelries complementing The Venetian and The Palazzo’s green initiatives. Skating sessions cost $14.95 per person ($9.95 for locals and Grazie members) and includes skate rental.
– Open daily from 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
– 30 minute skating sessions – must make reservations at the outdoor ticket booth only
– Tickets are available on a same day reservation basis only
– Located in front of The Venetian, adjacent to the outdoor gondola attraction
– $14.95 per skater, includes ice skate rental ($9.95 for locals and Grazie members). Children ages 7-12 skate complimentary when accompanied by a Grazie member or an adult with Nevada ID. Limit three children. Identification must be presented at time of purchase.
– Guests must be at least seven years old to enter skating area and all guests are required to sign a liability waiver prior to entering the skate rental area only
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER CHRISTMAS: As a marquee addition to Winter in Venice, Grammy Award®-winning composer/musician Chip Davis will bring his award-winning holiday production, “Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Las Vegas by Chip Davis,” to The Palazzo Theater. The six-week, exclusive run beginning Nov. 20 will feature Mannheim Steamroller’s renowned program of signature Christmas classics and state-of-the- art multimedia effects. This classic holiday tradition has been expanded for its first-ever Las Vegas residency with added choreography, aerial displays and other new elements, to create an unforgettable experience.
– Nov. 20 – December 30, all show times beginning at 7 p.m.
– Located at The Palazzo Theatre
– Tickets are available by calling The Palazzo Box Office at (866) 641-7469 or (702) 414-9000, or online at Palazzo.com.
NIGHTLY HOLIDAY PARADE AND TREE LIGHTING: A new parade will wind through The Venetian’s Doge’s Palace, featuring characters from the Winter in Venice celebration. The whimsical and elaborate designs will set the stage for the evening’s entertainment, and offer the perfect photo opportunity for a post to Facebook or Twitter. Preceding the parade, seasonal storylines will be projected in another way – in glorious 3D – in the technical marvel “Light of Venice.” This spectacular 3D projection show that transforms the architecture of the iconic clock tower using state-of-the-art digital technology. The show will conclude with a live finale that will illuminate the iconic plaza, including the 65-foot Christmas tree. Guests will also enjoy strolling musicians and special entertainment performances scheduled throughout the 50-day celebration.
– Show times nightly 6pm and 8pm
– Located at The Venetian’s Doge’s Palace plaza
‘CULINARY CLASH’ MASTER CHEF COMPETITION: As part of Winter in Venice, guests can witness the rise of a culinary legend, as one resort chef is crowned the winner of the first The Venetian Culinary Clash master chef competition. The competition provides head-to-head competition between the sous chefs and chefs de cuisine from dozens of restaurants located inside The Venetian and The Palazzo. Chefs will be challenged to create recipes using ingredients provided in a “mystery basket,” to be prepared in mobile “food truck” kitchens, located at The Venetian’s Doge’s Palace plaza. Each chef’s creation will then be available for sampling. Expect plenty of surprises, including guest appearances by The Venetian and The Palazzo’s celebrity chefs Emeril Lagasse, Mario Batali, Joe Bastianich and Sammy DeMarco, who are judges of the competition.
– Nov. 29, Dec. 7, Dec. 14 and Dec. 21 (10pm – 2am). Complimentary event.
– Round 1 – Nov. 29 – Chef Emeril Lagasse
– Round 2 – Dec. 7 – Chef Mario Batali
– Round 3 – Dec. 14 (Semifinals ) Chef Sammy DeMarco
– Round 4 – Dec. 21 (Finals) Surprise Chef TBA
– Located at The Venetian’s Doge’s Palace
WHEN: Nov. 20 through Jan. 6
WHERE: The Venetian Las Vegas
3355 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
About The Venetian Las Vegas®
The Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino, the largest property in the country to receive AAA’s Five Diamond and the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Four Star awards, is one of the world’s most luxurious resort and convention destinations. Recreating Venice’s legendary landmarks, the LEED® EB Gold (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)-certified resort offers unmatched service and quality for leisure and corporate guests. With suites ranging from a standard 650-square-foot Luxury Suite to the luxurious 10,000-square-foot Chairman Suite, the all-suite resort boasts more than 4,000 of Las Vegas’ most lavish suite accommodations. Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, The Venetian features The Grand Canal Shoppes®, an indoor streetscape complete with gondolas and singing gondoliers, the Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, world-class gaming, exquisite restaurants, a wide variety of entertainment such as “Soul2Soul with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill,” the party musical “ROCK OF AGES,” showroom headliners including David Spade, Rita Rudner, Tim Allen and Joan Rivers and extensive convention and corporate services. Guests can earn points while they eat, sleep, shop and play with Grazie, the premiere loyalty program, which rewards guests with the ease and usability of just one card and one program. The Venetian and its sister resort, The Palazzo Las Vegas, are the first ever Alliance Resorts in the InterContinental Hotel Group® global portfolio. For additional information, visit venetian.com, follow on Twitter @venetianvegas and interact on Facebook at facebook.com/venetianlasvegas.