THE LINQ PROMENADE TO HOST THE FIRST “ART ON THE BLOQ,”WEEKEND-LONG ART FESTIVAL STARTING THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 12
The LINQ Promenade will host its first, weekend-long, free art festival with creative activities for guests to enjoy at the open-air dining, entertainment and retail district. Activities will include artists painting graffiti-style art, live entertainment, art classes for kids, a silent disco, photo demonstrations, DJs spinning live and local artists selling craft goods.
Guests can create art such as coloring a baby grand piano, creating their own rhythm on a one-of-a-kind LED drum kit and drawing on the sidewalks of The LINQ Promenade with pastel chalk.
The LINQ Promenade will also host a walking cocktail tour on Saturday and Sunday with drinks designed to match the festival’s themes. The tour will begin at 12 p.m., ending at 6 p.m. The tour is self-guided and guests can sign up upon arrival. The LINQ Promenade created specialty cocktails for this weekend’s event including:
- ameriCAN Beer & Cocktails: The Jackson Pollack (Pinnacle Vodka, blue caraçao, lime juice, club soda and a lemon wheel garnish)
- Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar: The Diego Rivera, Liquid Art (Carlos Murphy Cinnamon Spiced Reposado Tequila, St. Elder Elderflower Liqueur, coconut puree, fresh lime juice and agave nectar)
- Flour & Barley – Brick Oven Pizza: The Van Gogh (Stoli Raspberry Vodka, lemon juice and raspberry simple syrup)
- Maxie’s: Romero Britto, Orange Mango Marshmallow Explosion (La Marca Prosecco, orange juice, basil, mango, marshmallow and marshmallow flavoring)
- Off the Strip Bistro & Bar: Monet Money (St. Germaine, lemon juice, Tanqueray, prosecco and Chambord)
- Virgil’s Real BBQ: The Andy Warhol (Bayou Rum, pineapple, lime juice and raspberries)
Friday, April 12
- 9 p.m.: An LED drum kit set up for guests to play
- 10 p.m.: Graffiti artists transform The LINQ Promenade into an urban wonderland of bold street art.
- 10 p.m.: Strolling live entertainers, The Amazing Giants, entertain crowds.
Saturday, April 13
- 6 p.m.: DJ Fizz to teach DJ lessons followed by a live set.
- 9 p.m.: “Silent Disco” by Sound Off Vegas at the Fountain Stage.
Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14
- 12 p.m.: Art classes for kids including watercolor paintings of flowers, spin art, modeling clay relief animal art, crazy face drawings and paper flower sculptures.
- 6:30 p.m.: Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop to award free sundaes to kids in three different age groups for the best sidewalk art. Winners will receive notified via email or text of their award
- 12 p.m.: Kelly Belmonte to design souvenir tote bags with her custom air-brushed art and provide colorful festival style makeup applications. Tote bags will be for sale during the festival in the Sky Shop.
- 4, 5, and 6 p.m.: Ricardo Arts to paint live at the top of each hour.
The LINQ Promenade
3545 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109