UNLV ATHLETICS INVITES FANS TO COMPETE IN VIRTUAL REBEL FIELD DAY
On Saturday, September 26, Rebel fans will have the opportunity to compete for personalized Nike football jerseys during Rebel Field Day, UNLV Athletics’ unique virtual competition consisting of 20 challenges.
The various challenges will be revealed by UNLV student-athletes on social media on Friday, September 25 at 12 p.m. Participants will have all day Saturday, September 26 and until Sunday, September 27 at 12 p.m. to complete and post recordings of their challenges on Twitter. Winners will be announced on Monday, September 28.
“In the absence of attending live sporting events, we wanted to provide fans the opportunity to channel their competitive spirit,” said Megan Caligiuri, Senior Associate A.D. for External Operations. “While our student-athletes are hard at work preparing for the resumption of play, we know our fans are equally eager to be back on game day cheering on the Rebels.”
Teams may consist of up to five people, and can be registered here for free. Those without a team, but interested in competing may sign up as a free agent and will be assigned to a team.
The following prizes will be awarded based off total team points:
- 1st Place Team: Personalized Nike Football Jerseys
- 2nd Place Team: Personalized Nike Baseball Jerseys
- 3rd Place Team: Personalized Nike Hats
Here’s how it works:
- UNLV Athletics will post a series of video challenges on Friday, September 25 for fans to complete. Fans will then have all day Saturday, September 26 and until 12 p.m. on Sunday, September 27 to complete the challenges.
- Fans must record themselves completing each challenge and post the video to Twitter and include their team name, tag @UNLVAthletics, and use the hashtag #RebelFieldDay.
- Teams will receive 1 point for each team member that completes a challenge.
- Teams will also receive 1 point for every team member wearing UNLV Gear.
- ½ bonus point will be awarded if 3 or more members on each team complete each challenge.
- 1 bonus point will be awarded if all 5 members on each team complete each challenge.
Keep a lookout on UNLV Athletics’ social media channels as hints will be dropped about the challenges leading up to the event.
Winners will be announced on Twitter via @UNLVAthletics and contacted by email. Click here for more information about Rebel Field Day.