UNLV SWIMMING HOLDS SENIOR DAY ON SATURDAY
The UNLV men’s and women’s swimming teams will hold its Senior Day on Saturday as the Rebels will take on the Wyoming men as well as the women’s team from Nevada, Reno. The competition will be held in Buchanan Natatorium starting at 12 pm. The Rebel divers will also be in action this weekend, making the trip to Colorado Springs, Colo., for the Air Force Diving Invitational, held Friday-Saturday.
Rebel Women Highlights
• This will be the final home meet for five Rebel seniors. Being honored during the meet will be Marta Alvarez, Rachel Dixon, Jessica Heim, Katelyne Herrington and Chelsea Morris
• Katelyne Herrington currently holds the top time in the Mountain West Conference in the 100 fly in 52.71, which also ranks 16th in the nation.
Rebel Men Highlights
• This will be the final home meet for eight Rebel seniors.
Being honored during the meet will be Wyatt Adams, Giacomo Gremizzi, Brandon Meier, Guilherme Passos, Jake Priest, Chris Riley, David Szele, Spencer Wollkind
• The Rebels hold the top time in the WAC in the 50 free (Dillon Virva), the 100 back (Henrique Machado), the 100 breast (David Szele), the 200 breast (Brandon Meier), the 200 fly (Balint Batka) and in the 400 IM (Giacomo Gremizzi)
• UNLV holds the top relay times in the WAC in four of five relays (excluding the 800 free)
• Dillon Virva currently ranks second in the nation in the 50 free in a school record time of 19.37
Next Time Out
The UNLV women will return to action at the Mountain West Championships on Feb. 19-22, while the men will compete in the WAC Championships Feb. 26-March 1. Both championship meets are being held in San Antonio, Texas.