Vegas’ Hottest New Social Dining Spot, Larrea, Debuts with a Star-Studded Culinary Team
The Season Seven MasterChef Winner Serves Up Riffs on Modern American Cuisine with International Influences
This November, MasterChef winner and executive chef Shaun O’Neale and master mixologist Benjamin Browning take the helm to debut Larrea a modern American cuisine concept with international influences and inventive signature cocktails. Located in front of the luxurious Panorama Towers, the city’s newest social dining venue, will open its doors to the public for dinner service on November 13, 2021.
LOCALLY SOURCED & HAND-CRAFTED:
After showcasing his dishes and recipes worldwide, Chef Shaun O’Neale embarks on his first restaurant endeavor serving up hand-crafted, modern American cuisine with international influences featuring locally sourced, seasonal ingredients at Larrea. “Larrea is community-driven, so it was important for me to incorporate locally sourced ingredients when developing the menu”, says O’Neale. “Sustainability is one of our core values, and by sourcing most of our ingredients locally, we’re also aiming for minimal food waste.” Seasonal menu highlights include:
- Starters – Baja Kampachi Crudo with wild Baja kampachi, aji rocoto-citrus marinade, avocado, oregano, chili oil, and micro cilantro and the vegetarian-friendly Honey Roasted Pumpkin & Burrata with honey roasted local pumpkin, burrata, pumpkin puree, pumpkin skin jus, pine nuts, and crispy sage.
- Mains – Mafaldine with Local Pork Sugo featuring house-made malfadine pasta, Las Vegas raised pork sugo, mortadella, pancetta, San Marzano tomatoes, lady goos nduja, and grana padano; Nevada Raised Wagyu Burger featuring Nevada raised beef, Calabrian chili aioli, tomato jam, caramelized onion, house b&b pickles, smoked aged cheddar on a house brioche bun served with triple cooked fries; and the vegan-friendly Gnocchetti with Spinach and Snap Peas which features housemade spinach gnocchetti, pea puree, hazelnut crumb, burnt snap peas, chili oil, pea tendril, and crispy garlic.
- Dessert – Key Lime Pie Beignets consisting of vanilla bean diplomat, Key lime curd, Speculoos sugar and meringue toast.
The hand-crafted cuisine is coupled with an innovative mixology program lead by award-winning mixologist Benjamin Browning who leverages his experience working with hospitality professionals from around the world. The former Survivor: Samoa contestant and master mixologist crafts sensational, highly visual cocktails creating a sensory experience like no other. Browning’s cocktails feature premium sprits with fresh-pressed juices, herbs, fruits, and vegetables. “Everything at Larrea is hand-made, and our cocktails are no exception”, says Browning. “I want our guests to experience their go-to classic cocktail like they never have before in addition to our signature cocktails”. Menu highlights include:
- The Governess with Old Tom Gin, fresh lemon, orange & white tea oleo sacchrum and Topo Chico
- Rum Raider with spiced rum, lemon, spiced orange cordial and ginger liqueur
- Knight Shade with mezcal, fresh lime, house made pineapple gum syrup and passion fruit liqueur
- Smokin’ Cloves with bourbon, vanilla clove syrup and angostura
- Yoga Pants with vodka, fresh celery juice, orgeat, lime and a pressed serrano chile slice
LOCAL HOT SPOT:
Larrea has roots in the community and seeks to support local sports teams like the Las Vegas Raiders and Vegas Golden Knights by featuring inspired cocktails by its home teams. Distressed brick walls, earthy textures, and chic black and white interior décor are balanced out with a chic dog-friendly outdoor patio. The design lends a modern, approachable atmosphere to indulge in delectable dishes and playful libations.
Larrea will be open for dinner service 5 p.m. to midnight Sunday-Thursday and 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday and reservations can be made online at www.larrealasvegas.com. Additionally, for those interested in joining the next generation of hospitality professionals at Larrea, please visit the website to submit your application.
Larrea is a hidden flower in the desert. Born from the next generation of hospitality leaders, Larrea seeks to create exceptional dining experiences in a chic, social dining atmosphere. Sourcing most ingredients locally, Larrea’s guiding principles are rooted in sustainability and supporting local businesses in the community. MasterChef winner, Shaun O’Neale, embarks on his first restaurant endeavor serving up hand-crafted, modern American cuisine with international influences featuring locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. The hand-crafted cuisine is coupled with an inventive mixology program lead by award-winning mixologist, Benjamin Browning, featuring unique, original creations and reinvented classics.