MGM RESORTS VILLAGE 2014 EVENTS BY THE NUMBERS
This fall the MGM Resorts Village became the most versatile new entertainment space on The Strip. In only five weeks, this unique outdoor venue was home to 5 special and diverse events appealing to fans from around the world: iHeartRadio Music Festival Village, Blvd Brew Fest, the three-day Route 91 Harvest Festival, the two-day Rock ‘n Roll Wine Amplified Festival and SPEED Energy Formula Off-Road presented by Traxxas.
Music acts – ranging from Iggy Azalea to Blake Shelton and Blink-182 to Kings of Leon found their way to the Village and performed in front of energized crowds. Interactive experiences were created for each event and ranged from a foam pit at Route 91 Harvest Festival to caricature stations at iHeartRadio Music Festival Village. A water slide and sand pit area were a nice way for guests to cool off.
After the music died down, the dust didn’t have a chance to settle as the venue was transformed into a race track. Versatile off-road trucks, made to race on virtually any surface, flew through the air nearly 20 feet off the ground landing on man-made ramps throughout the Village.
See the Village from construction to production through an aerial time-lapse video here.
Five weeks. 1 unforgettable new venue. How does it all break down?
• 1 Main Stage
• 5 weekends of festival and event frenzy
• 5 Entrance Gates
• 7 days of festival fun
• 8 VIP Suites
• 12 trucks raced in the 2 Traxxas events
• 15 acres of festival space
• 24 days to set up the MGM Resorts Village
• 58 performances on the MGM Resorts Village Main Stage
• 118 speakers on the Main Stage
• 125 tons of sand in the sand pit
• 150+ miles per hour – the trucks’ maximum speed during event competition
• 3,161 gallons of beer consumed during Blvd Brew Fest
• 5,704 corks collected during Rock and Roll Wine Festival
• 8,058 delicious food truck items enjoyed during Rock and Roll Wine Festival
• More than 65,000 festival goers in attendance.