EXCITING HEAVYWEIGHT CONTENDERS’ BOUT BETWEEN
(#3) CIRYL GANE AND (#5) ALEXANDER VOLKOV
AT UFC® APEX IN LAS VEGAS
TANNER BOSER vs. OVINCE SAINT PREUX
Las Vegas – UFC® returns to Las Vegas with a pair of heavyweight bouts, headlined by a clash between elite strikers as No. 3 ranked contender Ciryl Gane battles No. 5 Alexander Volkov. In the co-main event Canadian standout Tanner Boser battles Ovince Saint Preux.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: GANE vs. VOLKOV will take place Saturday, June 26 from UFC APEX is Las Vegas. The entire card will be available in English and Spanish on ESPN+, starting with the prelims at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT and continuing with the main card at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT.
Undefeated Gane (8-0, fighting out of Paris, France) is coming off his first successful UFC main event, having bested fellow contender Jairzinho Rozenstruik in February. The former kickboxer immediately turned heads upon joining the UFC roster in 2019, picking up sensational wins over former champion Junior Dos Santos, Don’Tale Mayesr and Raphael Pessoa. Gane now hopes to continue his momentum with another high-level performance to stake his claim for a title shot.
Seasoned veteran Volkov (33-8, fighting out of Moscow, Russia) kicked off his 2021 campaign with a spectacular TKO victory over Alistair Overeem this past February. With 22 knockout victories on his resume, Volkov has also stopped former UFC champion Fabricio Werdum, Walt Harris and Stefan Struve in emphatic fashion. Volkov now has his sights on cementing his status as a title threat by handing Gane his first career loss.
Dynamic striker Boser (19-8-1, fighting out of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) is wasting no time returning to the Octagon with his sight set on delivering another spectacular KO win. Throughout his UFC run he has earned impressive finishes against Raphael Pessoa and Philipe Lins. Boser now hopes to make the most of his second co-main event spot by stopping Saint Preux.
Talented finisher Saint Preux (25-15, fighting out of Knoxville, Tenn.) has proven to be just as skilled at striking as he is on the mat. A former interim light heavyweight title challenger, he has netted memorable wins against Tyson Pedro, Corey Anderson and Shogun Rua. Saint Preux now aims to deliver another highlight-reel victory to secure his first UFC win at heavyweight.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- Kennedy Nzechukwu (8-1, fighting out of Dallas, Texas) goes for his third consecutive win when he faces Danilo Marques (11-2, fighting out of Huntington Beach, Calif. by way of Sao Paulo, Brazil) in a light heavyweight bout
- Featherweight finishers collide as Andre Fili (21-8, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.) returns to the Octagon against Daniel Pineda (27-14, 2 NC, fighting out of Houston, Texas).
- Renato Moicano (14-4-1, fighting out of Brasilia, Brazil) meets Jai Herbert (10-2, fighting out of Wolverhampton, England) in an intriguing lightweight bout
- Raoni Barcelos (16-1, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) faces Timur Valiev (17-2 1NC, fighting out of Toms River, N.J. by way of Makhachkala, Dagestan, Russia) in a battle of promising bantamweights
- Unbeaten Shavkat Rakhmonov (13-0, fighting out of Kokshetau, Kazakhstan) takes on returning Michel Prazeres (26-3, fighting out of Belem, Para, Brazil) at welterweight
- Nicolas Dalby (19-3-1 2NC, fighting out of Copenhagen, Denmark) squares off with Tim Means (31-12-1, 1 NC, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) in a welterweight bout
- Marcin Prachnio (14-5, fighting out of Krasnodar, Russia) meets Ike Villanueva (17-11, fighting out of Houston, Texas) at light heavyweight
- No. 15 women’s bantamweight contender Julia Avila (8-2, fighting out of Oklahoma City, Okla.) battles Julija Stoliarenko (9-5-1, fighting out of Kaunas, Lithuania)
- Charles Rosa (13-5, fighting out of Boca Raton, Fla. by way of Peabody, Mass.) takes on Justin Jaynes (16-7, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) in a featherweight bout guaranteed to deliver action
- An exciting lightweight fight sees veteran Yancy Medeiros (15-7, 1 NC, fighting out of Makaha, Hawaii) lock horns with Damir Hadzovic (13-6, fighting out of Copenhagen, Denmark)
Visit the UFC.com for information and content to support your UFC coverage.
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 625 million fans and 155 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to approximately 900M TV households across more than 175 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 70 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is owned by global entertainment, sports and content company Endeavor, and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok: @UFC.
ESPN+ is the industry-leading sports streaming service that offers fans in the U.S. thousands of live sports events, original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks and exclusive editorial content from dozens of ESPN writers and reporters. Launched in April 2018, ESPN+ has grown to more than 13.8 million subscribers.
Fans sign up to ESPN+ for just $5.99 a month (or $59.99 per year) at ESPN.com, ESPNplus.com or on the ESPN App (mobile and connected devices). It is also available as part of The Disney Bundle that gives subscribers access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99/month (Hulu w/ads) or $18.99/month (Hulu w/o ads).
ESPN, the world’s leading sports entertainment brand, features nine U.S. television networks, direct-to-consumer ESPN+, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, endeavors on every continent around the world, and more. ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc. (an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company) and 20 percent by Hearst.