Megadeth and Opeth Join Electric Wizard to Headline
America’s Rock N’ Roll Bacchanal, PSYCHO LAS VEGAS 2019 at
Mandalay Bay August 16 – 18
Select amount of popular “High Roller” VIP tickets were just added after quickly selling out with initial release
PSYCHO LAS VEGAS continues to make waves as it announces its full artist lineup for this year’s festival at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino August 16 – 18, 2019. From Opeth’s only U.S. performance of 2019 and Megadeth performing their only Vegas show of the year, to the return of fan favorite Electric Wizard, the lineup is sure to create one for the record books. Four stages with more than 65 bands will rock the resort as both first-time and veteran acts bring the biggest and most electrifying PSYCHO LAS VEGAS music fest to life:
- Megadeth: One of heavy metal’s all-time most successful acts, Big Four legends Megadeth will thrash their way through Psycho for the first time this year, marking their only Las Vegas appearance of 2019. With 15 albums under their belts and another coming later this year, Megadeth will surely be one of the weekend’s highlights for young heads and veterans alike.
- Opeth: Conceived within the mind of grand mage Mikael Akerfeldt, the forlorn and whimsical alchemy of Swedish melodeath-turned-prog rock outfit Opeth has mutated constantly across their 25-year legacy. One constant within their music, however, has been its lasting ability to touch the hearts and minds of their fans, no matter the intensity or timbre. Psycho-goers this year will have the incredible fortune of witnessing Opeth’s only U.S. appearance of 2019 and their first appearance at the festival.
- Electric Wizard: For those counting the days until the return of British occult legends Electric Wizard, one of stoner-doom’s foremost pioneering acts, the group will once again appear at PSYCHO LAS VEGAS after three long years to liquify your brain with their deafeningly fuzzy odes to Satan, witchcraft and the almighty marijuana flower.
- Beach House: Formed in 2004, Baltimore’s dreamy, deeply psychedelic indie pop duo Beach House have been steadily climbing the elusive ladder of alternative stardom since their breakout 2010 Sub Pop debut Teen Dream. Still riding off the success of their latest release 7, Beach House will bring their sunny, relaxed, effervescent textures to the sweltering arid lands of Las Vegas for Psycho 2019.
- Mogwai: One of most enduring entities within their genre, Scotland’s post-rock forerunners Mogwai round out the more melancholy, contemplative aesthetic side to Psycho 2019. Having released one studio album every three years for the past decade, Mogwai also is one of post-rock’s most consistent groups, and will undoubtedly deliver one of the weekend’s most moving performances.
- Mark Lanegan Band: Emanating from Seattle’s ’90s grunge rock scene as frontman for Screaming Trees, who has collaborated with the likes of Kurt Cobain and Chris Cornell and has gone on to have a storied career with multiple collaborations, will take the stage with his namesake band.
- Dead Meadow: One of the 21st century’s most prolific psych rock groups, D.C.’s Dead Meadow has been consistently serving up their lush, dripping, fuzz-laden grooves since the release of their landmark self-titled debut LP in 2000. With their deft combination of righteous vintage psychedelia and deliciously heavy stoner riffs, the group has gone down in history as one of the founders of a major movement in modern psych.
- Triumph of Death: From the tortured mind of Swiss black metal pioneer Thomas Gabriel Fischer comes Triumph of Death, a brand new outfit established for the sole purpose of the exhumation of classic material from Fischer’s long-defunct outfit Hellhammer. Having disbanded in 1984 to form the massively influential Celtic Frost, many of Hellhammer’s songs will see their first-ever live performance in over 30 years during Triumph of Death’s appearance at PSYCHO LAS VEGAS, which also will stand as the group’s first U.S. performance.
- Andrew W.K.: This August, the immortal party animal strikes again! Closing out Sunday night with his characteristically fun-loving and energetic DJ set, prolific entertainer Andrew W.K. will once again take his place behind the decks to spin a late night set close out the weekend. Be sure to keep an eye out for his friendly, exuberant, slightly unsettling grin!
Additional bands include: 1349, Full of Hell, Vio-Lence, Grails, Twin Temple, Monophonics, Polyrhythmics, Electric Citizen, Motorbabe, Levitation Room and Mother Mercury.
These bands join the list of previously announced PSYCHO LAS VEGAS 2019 acts: Electric Wizard, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Clutch, Bad Religion, High On Fire, The Black Angels, Carcass, Triumph of Death, The Faint, Cold Cave, Glassjaw, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats, Fu Manchu, Deafheaven, Graveyard, En Minor, Old Man Gloom, Power Trip, Rotting Christ, Goatwhore, Oranssi Pazuzu, Black Mountain, Perturbator, Tobacco, Nothing, Soft Kill, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, YOB, The Obsessed, Kadavar, Amenra, Grails, Truckfighters, Candy, Warhorse, Night Horse, Devilmaster, Ilsa, Hangman’s Chair, DVNE, LA Witch, Royal Thunder and Tomb Mold.
The PSYCHO LAS VEGAS full lineup announcement follows the recent announcement of Psycho Swim, an all-day music filled pool party at DAYLIGHT Beach Club at Mandalay Bay Thursday, Aug. 15 featuring Corrosion of Conformity, Lucifer, Danava, ASG, Primitive Man, Idle Hands, Howling Giant and Thrown Into Exile. Tickets are included in the VIP High Roller PACKAGE, OTHERWISE are separate from the three-day festival and on sale now for $35 (excluding tax and fees) for those 21 years of age and older.
A select amount of VIP High Roller passes were just added in conjunction with this insane lineup and are available in addition to the three-day General Admission tickets at Tier 1 pricing for $249 (excluding tax and fees). Tickets can be purchased at VivaPsycho.com and AXS.com. Discount room rates at Mandalay Bay and various MGM Resorts hotels are available through this link.
About PSYCHO LAS VEGAS
PSYCHO LAS VEGAS is the premier vacation-destination music festival in the U.S. for those who worship all that is rock ‘n’ roll. After three award-winning years housed under the confines of the Hard Rock, America’s rock ‘n’ roll bacchanal is moving to the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino through an exclusive partnership with MGM Entertainment, and will usher in a new era of spectacle, performance and production. This milestone accomplishment for the 7th edition of the event will ravish the senses across four stages including the newly renovated Events Center, the iconic House of Blues, the Mandalay Bay Beach and a takeover of the old-school Vegas-style Rhythm & Riffs Lounge in the very center of the casino floor. In 2019, Psycho is rebooting America’s conception of what a festival can be, on its own terms and with its signature mix of grit and grandeur. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit VivaPsycho.com. Connect socially on Facebook and Instagram @PsychoLasVegas.
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is set on 120 lush acres featuring Mandalay Bay Beach, a tropical pool paradise with real sand. The Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning restaurants, exhilarating entertainment, unique shopping, Shark Reef Aquarium and the recently expanded 2-million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Convention Center combine to make Mandalay Bay a distinctive Las Vegas resort destination. The resort offers three distinct hotel experiences: Mandalay Bay with 3,211 luxurious rooms and suites reflecting a modern tropical ambiance; Four Seasons Hotel, a AAA Five Diamond hotel offering 424 rooms and suites; and the luxury all-suite Delano Las Vegas. Mandalay Bay is owned by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mandalaybay.com, call toll free at (877) 632-7800 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.