As temperatures rise, Pureology’s own Pure Artist Sandra Joseph has created an updated top knot perfect for those hot summer days on the horizon. Whether you’re hitting up a local beach or island hopping somewhere tropical, Sandra’s quick and easy braided style will keep you looking effortlessly chic yet cool all season long!
Here’s how to get the look:
- Lightly mist Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier through damp hair to prime and protect. For added protection and volume, add small amount of Pure Volume Style + Care Infusion then blow dry upside down with a paddle brush. This technique will provide lift by getting the roots moving the opposite direction.
- With your head still flipped upside down, separate the center section of hair and begin a Dutch braid at the nape of the neck. Continue braiding the up the center back of the head, then secure the braid at the ends with an elastic.
- Flip head upright and gather remaining lengths of hair along with the braid and secure into a high ponytail. Lightly mist Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray for a light hold and to smooth fly-aways.
- Wrap hair around the base of the ponytail creating a bun. Pin the bun into place then lightly pull a few pieces loose for a softer finish.
- Complete you look with another mist of Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray for added shine and hold.