Redken Creative Consultant Guido kicked off the Fall/Winter 2012 season in New York yesterday with a texturized, downtown hairstyle to match the India-meets-England theme that inspired Rag + Bone designers Marcus Wainwright & David Neville. The hair reflected that disheveled look that sometimes comes with traveling, complementing the myriad layers, fabrics, and prints that made up the collection.
“In my mind the hair today is a little ‘Patti Smith goes to India’. It’s a little rock ’n’ roll, with soft almost dreadlock-like chunky pieces- it’s really a very cool look, and perfect for the Rag & Bone girl.”
–Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Create the Look:
- Saturate damp hair with a very generous amount of full frame 07 all-over volumizing mousse.
- Let hair air dry to enhance the natural texture.
- Create a messy 70’s-style center part.
- Apply rough paste 12 working material to the lengths of the hair and twist into long sections to create separation and a piece-y, chunky look.
- Tuck hair behind the ear and let sit for a few minutes to create a 70’s inspired bend.
- Finish by roughing hair up at the crown for additional texture.