IT’S THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME OF THE YEAR…TO SAVE LIVES
BLOOD DONATIONS ARE NEEDED NOW MORE THAN EVER AS WE HEAD INTO THE BUSIEST TIME OF THE YEAR FOR PATIENTS
APPOINTMENTS NOW AVAILABLE FOR TWO-DAY DRIVE
NOV. 28-29 AT JW MARRIOTT LAS VEGAS AND RAMPART CASINO
JW Marriott Resort & Spa Las Vegas and Rampart Casino host their third blood drive with Vitalant since re-opening earlier this summer.
- We are heading into the time of year where there is a 25% increase in a need for blood donations, and this year as we continue to battle COVID-19, the need will be even greater.
- The previous two blood drives this summer yielded nearly 400 blood donations, impacting the lives of more than 1,000 hospital patients.
- With this special two-day event, Vitalant hopes to collect more than 350 donations.
- Both blood donations and convalescent plasma donations are needed.
- There have been nearly 1,600 canceled blood drives for November and December nationwide, so this drive is more important than ever.
A need also continues for convalescent plasma donations of those who have recovered from the virus. The convalescent plasma, which contains antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, can be given to patients currently fighting COVID-19. The community is the key to helping save lives as we near the end of 2020.
Donors are encouraged to keep social distancing recommendations by scheduling an appointment online to reserve a spot by visiting www.bloodhero.com. Enter ‘RAMPART’ as the code and donors are able to sign up for this blood and plasma drive, as well as other upcoming drives.
To be eligible for plasma donation, you must have had COVID-19 symptoms plus:
- A prior laboratory diagnosis of COVID-19, either by a positive nasal/oral swab test OR a positive test for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies requested by your health care provider. Blood donors are NOT tested for coronavirus.
- Complete resolution of symptoms for at least 28 days. Do not donate blood if you are sick.
- All other donor eligibility for an automated plasma donation
Saturday, Nov. 28 & Sunday, Nov. 29, 2020
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
JW Marriott Las Vegas / Rampart Casino
221 N. Rampart Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89145