“This Dutch Braid upstyle is a light airy updo that doesn’t look like your typical braid, it’s great for medium length hair and it’s really easy to do,” says Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care.
· Apply Pureology Colour Stylist Root Lift to the base of damp hair and then in an “S” pattern throughout the rest of the head – working methodically from bottom to top.
· Blow dry with a round brush to create structure and body.
· Separate hair in half in the back, and lace the base at the crown to create a foundation to pin the form to.
· To create the form, start with a long piece of synthetic hair. Pull apart, mix it up and bring together again repeatedly to create a sort of fluffiness and then tuck under to create the shape of the form.
· Secure form at the top back of the head by pinning into the lacing.
· Starting at the front of the head (while standing at the back), section hair into three sections and start braiding an under braid by wrapping sections under the center section, picking up more hair each time a section is crossed.
· Complete braid and secure with an elastic.
· Lightly pull braid apart to build the shape and lift up with fingers and pin slack to build more dimension.
· At the nape, tuck the elastic under and pin.
· Finish with Pureology Colour Stylist Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray.
Look for other tips and tricks on www.ruthroche.com.
Ruth Roche is Global Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, specializing in design and finishing. She is also an established celebrity stylist (Anne Hathaway, Claire Danes, Amy Adams, Jenna Fischer, Mariah Carey…) and maintains a loyal clientele at Cutler Salon in NYC. Her work has been published in countless magazines, including Bazaar, Nylon, Vanity Fair, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Culture, More, American Salon and Modern Salon (portfolio: http://ruthroche.com/portfolio/). Stylists from around the world fuel their creative fire with her and consumers and celebrities are attracted to her down-to-earth edgy approach to hair. Roche makes everyday a good hair day! Website: http://ruthroche.com, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RuthARoche, Instagram: http://instagram.com/ruthroche, Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/ruthroche/, Twitter: https://twitter.com/ruthroche, Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/user11361055, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/ruthrochetv.