MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP REMATCH BETWEEN
(C) ISRAEL ADESANYA AND (#1) ROBERT WHITTAKER
HEADLINES UFC® 271 AT TOYOTA CENTER
UFC® 271: ADESANYA vs. WHITTAKER 2
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 17
UFC® 271: ADESANYA vs. WHITTAKER 2 will take place Saturday, Feb. 12 at Toyota Center in Houston. All bouts will be simulcast on ESPN+ in English and Spanish beginning at 6:15 p.m. ET/3:15 p.m. PT with the ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass prelims. The prelims will continue exclusively on ESPN, ESPN Deportes & ESPN+ at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT followed by the ESPN+ Pay-Per-View main card that will kick off at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.
UFC® 271: ADESANYA vs. WHITTAKER 2 tickets will go on sale Friday, Dec. 17 at 10 a.m. CT and are available for purchase at toyotacenter.com. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wednesday, Dec. 15 at 10 a.m. CT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, Dec. 16 starting at 10 a.m. CT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
Adesanya (22-1, fighting out of Auckland, New Zealand) dethroned Whittaker in front of the largest live audience in UFC history at UFC 243 in 2019. Since then, he has delivered memorable title defenses against Marvin Vettori, Paulo Costa and Yoel Romero. Adesanya now aims to stop Whittaker again to keep his spot atop the middleweight division and continue building his legacy as one of the most dominant UFC champions.
Former champion Whittaker (23-5, fighting out of Sydney, Australia) is gunning to even the score with heated rival Adesanya. Throughout his UFC run, The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes winner secured spectacular victories over Jared Cannonier, Derek Brunson and Yoel Romero (twice). Whittaker now has his sights set on reclaiming his middleweight championship by becoming the first fighter to finish Adesanya in MMA.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- Kyler Phillips (9-2, fighting out of Glendale, Ariz.) squares off with Marcelo Rojo (16-8, fighting out of Tijuana, Mexico by way of Rio Cuarto, Cordoba, Argentina) in an exciting bantamweight bout
- Women’s MMA pioneer and No. 12 ranked contender Roxanne Modafferi (25-20, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) battles undefeated No. 15 Casey O’Neill (8-0, fighting out of Gold Coast, Australia)
- No. 4 ranked flyweight contender Alex Perez (24-6, fighting out of Lemoore, Calif.) battles No. 9 Matt Schnell (15-6, fighting out of Shreveport, La.)
- Vinc Pichel (14-2, fighting out of Englewood, Colo. by way of Simi Valley, Calif.) looks to hand Mark O. Madsen (11-0, fighting out of Maribo, Denmark by way of Nykøbing Falster, Denmark) his first loss in an intriguing lightweight contest
- Dana White’s Contender Series signee Carlos Ulberg (5-1, fighting out of Auckland, New Zealand) hopes to secure another memorable KO when he takes on Fabio Cherant (7-3, fighting out of Wrentham, Mass.) at light heavyweight
- The Ultimate Fighter season three veteran Ed Herman (27-15 1NC, fighting out of Vancouver, Wash.) meets Maxim Grishin (31-9-2, fighting out of Grozny, Chechen Republic, Russia) in a light heavyweight clash
- Mana Martinez (9-2, fighting out of Houston, Texas) looks to impress in front of his hometown crowd when he takes on Ronnie Lawrence (7-1, fighting out of Sunrise, Fla.) at bantamweight
- Battle-tested lightweights collide when Alexander Hernandez (13-4, fighting out of San Antonio, Texas) locks horns with Renato Moicano (15-4-1, fighting out of Brasilia, Brazil)
- Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner AJ Dobson (6-0 1NC, fighting out of Columbus, Ohio) faces Jacob Malkoun (5-1, fighting out of Sydney, Australia) at middleweight
- Douglas Silva (27-4 1NC, fighting out of Castanhal, Para, Brazil) looks to continue his momentum at bantamweight when he meets Sergey Morozov (17-4, fighting out of Aktobe, Kazakhstan)
- Orion Cosce (7-1, fighting out of Arcata, Calif.) goes for his first UFC win when he takes on Blood Diamond (3-0, fighting out of Auckland, New Zealand) at welterweight
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 625 million fans and 178 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to nearly 900 million TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 75 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is owned by global sports and entertainment company Endeavor, and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok: @UFC.
About Toyota Center
Since opening in October 2003, Toyota Center has set a new standard for sports and entertainment, becoming one of the premier live entertainment venues in the nation. Laid over the span of six city blocks, Toyota Center is home to the NBA’s Houston Rockets. Toyota Center also plays host to the nation’s top concerts and touring shows. The arena’s playing surface is set nearly 32-feet below street level giving Toyota Center the largest lower level of any arena in the nation. Coupled with the exclusive Lexus Lounge, trendy Golden Nugget Club, Red and White Bistro’s superior food and service, Toyota Center offers something for everyone making it the hottest spot for sports and entertainment in Houston. For more information, visit ToyotaCenter.com.
ESPN+ is the industry-leading sports streaming service that offers fans in the U.S. thousands of live sports events, original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks and exclusive editorial content from dozens of ESPN writers and reporters. Launched in April 2018, ESPN+ has grown to more than 17.1 million subscribers.
Fans sign up to ESPN+ for just $6.99 a month (or $69.99 per year) at ESPN.com, ESPNplus.com or on the ESPN App (mobile and connected devices). It is also available as part of The Disney Bundle that gives subscribers access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for $13.99/month (Hulu w/ads) or $19.99/month (Hulu w/o ads).
ESPN, the world’s leading sports entertainment brand, features eight U.S. television networks, direct-to-consumer ESPN+, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, endeavors on every continent around the world, and more. ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc. (an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company) and 20 percent by Hearst.