REBELS HOST LANCERS THIS WEEKEND
The UNLV baseball team (14-20) will host California Baptist (19-18) this weekend for a three-game, non-conference series set to begin Friday at 6:05 p.m. The series will continue Saturday at 1:05 p.m. and the finale is slated for Sunday at 12:05 p.m.
The Lancers come into the series after a 2-2 week, dropping two of three games against Tarleton State over the weekend before defeating UC Riverside Tuesday evening.
UNLV posted a 2-3 record last week, taking both games against LMU during a midweek series before getting swept by San Jose State on the road over the weekend.
– It’s $2 Dos Equis with Smoke ‘n’ Sams while supplies last.
– $5 mimosas and bloody mary’s with Smoke ‘n’ Sams while supplies last.
– Kids 12 and under will be able to run the bases after the conclusion of Sunday’s contest.
Fans can follow this weekend’s contests through live streaming, live stats and social media. The links to the stream and stats can be found online at UNLVRebels.com in the “schedule” section of the team’s baseball page, as well as on the team’s official social media channels. In-game updates will be provided through @UNLVbaseball, the team’s official Twitter account. The three-game series will be streamed on the UNLVAthletics Youtube channel.
– UNLV and CBU have squared off a total of five times with the first-ever meeting taking place in 1971. The Rebels own the advantage in the all-time series, 4-1. However, the programs split the regular-season series last season, 1-1, both winning at home.
– The Lancers and the Rebels were scheduled to meet earlier this season in Riverside, but the single-game contest was canceled due to rain and cold weather.
UNLV will hit the road for a two-game series against Creighton set for Tuesday, April 25 and Wednesday, April 26, before returning to the Golden State for a three-game Mountain West series against San Diego State scheduled to begin Friday, April 28 at 6:05 p.m.
HUSTLIN‘ REBELS CLAIM WEEKLY AWARDS
– Reese Lueck received the first Mountain West Player of the Week award for the Rebels this season, being named the Freshman of the Week following UNLV’s perfect opening weekend February 20.
– Junior Noah Carabajal was named the Pitcher of the Week following a series victory over UNR on April 10.
LEADERS IN THE MW AND THE NATION
– UNLV is tied for eighth in the NCAA in triples per game (.47), is tied for 23rd in double plays per game (.91) and is tied for 43rd in doubles per game (2.21).
– The Hustlin’ Rebels rank second in the Mountain West in batting average at .290. They also rank second in runs scored (261) and in triples (16). They rank third in slugging percentage (.442), RBIs (226), hits (358) and in doubles (75).
– Alex Pimentel leads the conference in triples (5), is tied for first in HBP (7), is tied for third in sacrifice flies (3) and in walks (22), sits third in on-base percentage (0.489) and ranks fourth in batting average (.359).
– Jacob Sharp sits second in the MW in sacrifice flies with four, sits fourth in home runs (7), on base + slugging percentage (1.057) and in fielding percentage (0.995), is tied for sixth in runs scored (31) and sits seventh in batting average (.353).
– Rylan Charles is tied for second in the MW in HBP (6), is tied for third in stolen bases (8), sits fourth in at bats (148) and is tied for fifth in runs scored (32).
– Austin Kryszczuk leads the conference in sacrifice flies (5), is tied for third in walks (22) and is tied for fifth in doubles (11).
– Edarian Williams is tied for third in stolen bases (8), is tied for sixth in hits (45) and sits sixth in at bats (142).
– Paul Myro IV is tied for first in the conference in HBP (7), sits third in assists (108), is tied for fourth in fielding double plays (23) and ranks fifth in RBIs (33).