Despite there being many gorgeous updo’s at last night’s 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, worn so well by Taylor Schilling and Kate Hudson, gorgeous side-swept hairstyles ultimately took home the gold. Pureology International Artistic Director Wendy Bélanger and Pureology Artistic Ambassador Sandra Joseph share step-by-steps on how to recreate last night’s favorite looks including Allison Williams’ glam waves, Jennifer Aniston’s updo and Jennifer Lopez’s beach waves.
Allison Williams (recreated by Wendy Bélanger)
- To get Allison’s deep side part with beautiful glam bombshell waves, blowdry hair with a round brush. Create a deep side part after applying a quarter sized amount of Pureology Colour Stylist Silk Bodifier volumizing mousse. Blend with a dime-sized amount of Colour Stylist Nourishing Nectar sculpting gel for added hold and blowdry.
- Using a 1” – 1¼” iron, set the hair in diagonal back partings across the top and crown of the hair and a brick layer pattern going down on the back and sides.
- Let cool and apply a small amount of Colour Stylist Cuticle Polisher shine serum to your hands until it transforms to a serum. Run your fingers through your hair to separate curls and add separation.
- Tuck smaller side behind your ear and finish with Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for moveable hold and humidity resistance.
Jennifer Aniston (recreated by Sandra Joseph)
- Begin by applying Pureology Colour Stylist Root Lift spray hair mousse to damp hair from roots to ends for texture and grip.
- Rough dry roots with fingers, finishing the mid-lengths and ends with a medium round brush.
- Mist Fresh Approach Dry Shampoo throughout root area for added texture and separation.
- Create a left side part, gather all hair to the center back of the head and secure into a ponytail.
- Split ponytail in two sections. Lightly backcomb, then twist both sections together.
- Wrap the twist into a bun, loosen with fingers and pin into place with fasteners.
- For a long-lasting hold, finish with Colour Stylist Supreme Control high hold hairspray for colour-treated hair.
Jennifer Lopez (recreated by Sandra Joseph)
- To prime and protect colour-treated locks like Jen’s, mist Pureology Colour Fanatic throughout damp hair.
- Apply several pumps of Highlight Stylist Bodifying Luminator texturizing shine-foam and blowdry with a medium round brush.
- Wrap warm hair into barrel curls and pin. Mist Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray all over curls and allow to set for 15 minutes.
- Drop curls and rack with fingers. Back comb root area to create volume, then smooth surface with a soft bristle brush.
- Create a short center part and tuck hair behind the ears.
- Work a small amount of Colour Stylist Piecing Sculpt high holding sculpting fiber paste through ends for shine, separation and memory.