REBELS HOST DIXIE STATE FOR FIRST TIME IN PROGRAM HISTORY
The UNLV baseball team will continue their 13-game homestand with a single-game, midweek contest against WAC’s Dixie State at Earl E. Wilson Tuesday. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m.
The Rebels (21-11, 12-3 MW) are coming into this week’s affair after going 2-2 this last week, winning their Tuesday contest against UC Riverside (12-1), but dropping the series against UNR over the weekend, 2-1, (9-7, 22-13, 9-8). The Bisons (14-17, 8-7 WAC) are coming into Tuesday’s affair after going 1-3 last week, defeating BYU, 7-5, Tuesday night during a single-game contest, but getting swept by GCU over the weekend (7-2, 14-3, 6-5).
PREVIOUSLY THIS SEASON
UNLV was set to play at Dixie State earlier this season, Tuesday, February 22, only for the game to be postponed due to weather conditions for Wednesday, May 4 at 5:05 p.m.
This will be the first meeting between both teams in program history after Dixie State transitioned to NCAA Division 1 status in July of 2020.
Fans can follow this week’s contests through live stats and social media. The link to stats can be found online at UNLVRebels.com in the “schedule” section of the team’s baseball page, as well as on the team’s official social media channels. In-game updates will be provided through @UNLVbaseball, the team’s official Twitter account.
UNLV will continue their 13-game homestand with a three-game conference series against San Jose State beginning Thursday, first pitch is slated for 6:05 p.m.
REBELS CLAIM WEEKLY AWARD
– Gianni Horvat received the first weekly award for the Rebels, being named the MW Freshman of the Week following the Rebels’ perfect weekend on the road (3-0) in San Diego February 28.
– Edarian Williams continued the weekly honors streak, earning MW Player of the Week, March 7.
– Conner Woods claimed pitcher of the week, March 14 after he picked up his first win of the season in a 4-3 victory over SDSU.
– Santino Panaro claimed Freshman of the Week, March 14, 28 and April 4 after helping the Rebels to a 4-0 week, including a series sweep over New Mexico.
– Braden Murphy earned Freshman of the Week weekly honors after helping the Rebels to a sweep over Air Force, March 21.
– Diego Alarcon earned Player of the Week weekly honors on March 28 after helping the Rebels to a 3-1 week, including a series win over MW foes San Jose State.
– Joey Walls earned Player of the Week weekly honors, April 4, after helping the Rebels to a 4-0 week. The junior batted a .706 over the week with 12 hits, including three home runs, 13 RBIs, 11 runs scored and three walks.
LEADERS IN THE MW AND THE NATION
-UNLV currently leads the nation in hits with 405, eight more hits than Georgia Tech who ranks second, they also lead in doubles with 91, one more than Tennessee who sits second (90), first for doubles per game (2.84) and batting average (.333), sixth in runs (306), eighth in slugging percentage (.537), ninth in scoring (9.6) and 10th in triples (14).
– UNLV currently stands atop the conference with a 12-3 conference record. This is the best start in conference play in program history.
– The Rebels currently lead the conference in batting with a .333 average, 306 runs scored, 405 hits and 280 RBI.
– Joey Walls sits 16th in the nation and leads the MW for batting average (.418), ranks fourth in the nation and is tied for first in the MW for doubles (14), 23rd in the nation and first in the MW for slugging percentage (.773), sits fifth in the MW for RBI (34) and leads the conference in OPS (1.254).
– Rylan Charles ranks 13th in the nation and first in the MW for hits with 52, ranks 11th in the national and is tied for first in the conference in sacrifice flies with 5 and at bats (145), third in doubles (13) and fifth for runs scored (36).
– Kryszczuk ranks fourth nationally and tied for first with Walls in the MW for doubles (16), is tied for first in triples (3), tied for fourth in hits (48) and sits sixth in at bats (129).
– Edarian Williams ranks 10th in the nation and ranks second in the conference in RBI (43), is tied for 19th in the nation and tied for first in the conference in triples (3), second in walks (25), tied for fourth in hits (48) and ranks sixth in OPS (1.113).
– Henry Ziesler sits 34th in the nation and leads the MW in on-base percentage (0.507), sits second in batting average (.407), fourth slugging percentage (.678), third in OPS (1.185), tied for first in triples (3), third in RBI (36) and tied for fourth in hits (48).
– Diego Alarcon sits second in the nation and leads the MW in runs scored with 46, third in at bats (135), fourth in RBI (35), tied for fourth in doubles (11) and seventh in hits (45).
Single-game ticket prices this season are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, faculty and staff, and $5 to groups of 15 or more. Fans that purchase tickets online before game day can get them for an advanced single-game price of $6.
All high school, middle school and elementary students are free under UNLV’s new admission policy. To receive free admission, high school students must present valid Nevada are school I.D. at the box office on gameday for one (1) complimentary ticket. Current UNLV students will receive free admission with a valid school I.D. All other students will receive a complimentary ticket at the box office (no I.D. required). Kids not yet elementary school age will continue to receive free admission for all UNLV Olympic sports.