REBELS HIT THE ROAD THURSDAY, RETURN HOME SUNDAY FOR WEEKEND FINALE
UNLV will play at Southern Utah Thursday afternoon then finish the weekend against UC San Diego Sunday morning at home
- UNLV at Southern Utah | Thursday, August 26 | Live Video | Live Stats
- UNLV vs. UC San Diego | Sunday, August 29 | Live Stats
UNLV women’s soccer will hit the road for the first time during the 2021 fall campaign as the Rebels head north up the interstate to take on Southern Utah Thursday afternoon in Cedar City, Utah. Kickoff is set for 4 p.m. MT/3 p.m. PT and will be available to watch on ESPN+ (subscription required). The Rebels will return home to finish out the weekend, hosting UC San Diego Sunday morning at 10 a.m. at Peter Johann Memorial Field.
UNLV went 1-1 on opening weekend at the Las Vegas Invitational, ending the tournament on a high note with a 3-2 win over UC Davis behind three first-half goals. Midfielder Izzy Perez had a stellar start to her redshirt junior season, collecting a goal and an assist in the first UNLV victory of the year. In all, four different Rebels tallied goals with juniors Lourdes Bosch and Alysa Caso each netting one and sophomore Haley Halbersma scoring her first career collegiate goal in the win.
Fans can follow the games through the live stats link and on UNLVRebels.com and in-game updates via Twitter on the official team account @UNLVwSoccer.
For Sunday’s home game, admission is $6 per adult when purchased in advance of game day and free for kids in high school or younger. Season and single-game tickets can be purchased at UNLVTickets.com.
News & Notes
- Last weekend, UNLV opened the season at home for the ninth time in the last 11 seasons and 16th time since the program’s inaugural year in 1998.
- The 2021 campaign marks head coach Jenny Ruiz-Williams’ second season at the helm of the Rebel women’s soccer program.
- Ruiz-Williams is the first UNLV women’s soccer alumnae to lead the program
- In the conference-only spring 2021 season, UNLV went 5-4-1 overall and finished tied for fourth in league standings