EXPERIENCE “DA VINCI – THE GENIUS” BEFORE IT LEAVES LAS VEGAS JANUARY 27
Exhibition Offers $10 Off to Nevada Residents for Final Days at The Venetian
After a successful seven-month run, Da Vinci – The Genius, the unparalleled look into the life and works of Renaissance mastermind Leonardo da Vinci, will leave Imagine Exhibitions Gallery at The Venetian on January 27.
As a way to thank the local community for its support of the exhibition, Da Vinci – The Genius will now offer Nevada residents $10 off general admission. The exhibitionalsowelcomes children ages 12 and under free admission when accompanied by a paying adult, and students of all ages with a valid school ID can visit for a discounted ticket price of $17.
Since its opening in June, Da Vinci – The Genius has continued to engage visitors with life-size inventions, interactive exhibits and dynamic explorations of da Vinci’s accomplishments as an artist, inventor, engineer, anatomist, sculptor and more. The month of January presents Las Vegas’ last chance to experience more than 200 unique pieces and the following exhibits within Da Vinci – The Genius’ 6,800-square-foot exhibition space:
- Da Vinci’s Codices: Scouring thousands of pages from da Vinci’s personal codices (notebooks), Italian Artisans interpreted hidden clues, intentional mistakes and mirror-image writing to create more than 75 full-scale inventions for the exhibition. Guests can view da Vinci’s writings and the “poor man’s patent” he used to protect his ideas, with both vivid replicas and digital platforms.
- “The Secrets of Mona Lisa:” History’s most elusive work of art comes to life in this intricate study of “Mona Lisa,” conducted by French scientific engineer and examiner of fine art, Pascal Cotte. Granted unprecedented access to “Mona Lisa,” Cotte was one of the first researchers allowed to take the actual painting out of its frameat The Louvreandperform an in-depth analysis. His study revealed dozens of secrets, which are showcased through 40 super-magnified, high-resolution sectional images, exploring every aspect of the work.
- Father of Flight: da Vinci was the first to explore the science of flight, and Da Vinci – The Genius brings these studies to life with breathtaking, life-size recreations of his concepts for the helicopter, aerial corkscrew, bat wing and more.
- “Horse and Rider:” The exhibition debuted an exploration of a brand new Leonardo da Vinci discovery: the bronze cast of the only known Leonardo da Vinci sculpture surviving today, “Horse and Rider.” Created more than 500 years ago from a block of solid beeswax, “Horse and Rider” was authenticated by the foremost authority on the life and works of Leonardo da Vinci, Dr. Carlo Pedretti.
- Machine Inventions: da Vinci proved to be centuries ahead of his time through the hundreds of inventions he conceptualized. Visitors can immerse themselves in his inventive process for some of today’s most important machines, such as the motor car, SCUBA, ball bearings and more.
- Da Vinci, The Artist – See da Vinci’s most famous works of art in brand new light through three-dimensional video explorations of “The Last Supper,” “Vitruvian Man and “Sforza Horse.” Throughout the exhibition, view incredible reproductions of “Virgin of the Rocks,” “The Annunciation,” the controversial new da Vinci discovery “Bella Principessa,” da Vinci’s anatomical sketches, and preparatory drawings of the “Anghiari Battle.”
- Military Engineering: War created new mechanical and strategic challenges during da Vinci’s time, so he was commissioned to invent military machines. Observe recreations of his concepts for the military tank, machine gun, and armored car.
“This exhibition has brought new life to Las Vegas’ arts and culture scene,” said Tom Zaller, CEO and President of Imagine Exhibitions. “It was an honor to host Da Vinci – The Genius at Imagine Exhibitions Gallery, and the visitor feedback we’ve received has been outstanding.”
Stay tuned for news from Imagine Exhibitions on the next exciting attraction coming to Imagine Exhibitions Gallery at The Venetian.
Da Vinci – The Genius was developed by Grande Exhibitions, Australia, the Anthropos Association, Italy, under the kind auspices of the Commune di Roma, Commune di Firenze and Citta Di Venezia and with the assistance of Pascal Cotte of Lumière Technologies, France.
Da Vinci – The Genius is open daily to the public from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets priced are as follows: $25 for general admission; $23 for military and seniors 65 and older. Promotional offers cannot be combined. Tickets can be purchased at Imagine Exhibitions Gallery, The Venetian Box Office or online at Venetian.com.
ABOUT IMAGINE EXHIBITIONS
Imagine Exhibitions is the global resource for all things related to exhibitions. From design to creation, placement to presentation, marketing and operations, Imagine has the experience and inspiration to bring the best possible exhibition to any venue. Imagine is currently producing Titanic The Exhibition, The Human Bodies Exhibition, Leonardo Da Vinci’s Workshop, Genghis Khan, the Exhibition, Giant Mysterious Dinosaurs, Sacred Texts,Engineering Earth, SexEd: The Exhibition, and Dinosaurs in Motion. Da Vinci – The Genius is the first of many exhibitions that Imagine Exhibitions will showcase at The Venetian®. In the last year, Imagine has worked in cooperation with the Andy Warhol Museum, Dali Universe, Georgia Aquarium, Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, and the Mob Attraction in Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.imagineexhibitions.com or visit its
ABOUT GRANDE EXHIBITIONS
Creators and promoters of Da Vinci – The Genius who have researched, sourced and interpreted much of what is contained in the exhibition. Based in Rome, Italy and Melbourne, Australia, Grande Exhibitions is dedicated to delivering high-quality exhibitions of mass appeal that entertain and educate audiences globally. Together with the Anthropos Association, they own and operate a series of private museums in the Italian cities of Rome, Venice, Florence and Assisi.
ABOUT THE ANTHROPOS ASSOCIATION
From Il Genio de Leonardo Da Vinci Museo in Rome, talented and gifted Artisans have made the machine inventions and many items that you see on display at Da Vinci – The Genius. They have spent more than 10 years bringing to life more than 120 of da Vinci’s concepts and designs and use the main techniques and materials available in 15th Century Italy.
ABOUT THE VENETIAN
The Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino, the largest property in the country to receive AAA’s Five Diamond and the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Four Star awards, is one of the world’s most luxurious resort and convention destinations. Recreating Venice’s legendary landmarks, the LEED® EB Gold (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)-certified resort offers unmatched service and quality for leisure and corporate guests. With suites ranging from a standard 650-square-foot Luxury Suite to the luxurious 10,000-square-foot Chairman Suite, the all-suite resort boasts more than 4,000 of Las Vegas’ most lavish suite accommodations. Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, The Venetian features The Grand Canal Shoppes®, an indoor streetscape complete with gondolas and singing gondoliers, the Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, world-class gaming, exquisite restaurants, a wide variety of entertainment such as “Soul2Soul” with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill and “Rock of Ages – The Musical,” showroom headliners including David Spade, Rita Rudner, Tim Allen and Joan Rivers, and extensive convention and corporate services. Guests can earn points while they eat, sleep, shop and play with Grazie, the premier loyalty program, which rewards guests with the ease and usability of just one card and one program. The Venetian and its sister resort, The Palazzo Las Vegas, are the first ever Alliance Resorts in the InterContinental Hotel Group® global portfolio. For additional information, visit venetian.com, follow on Twitter @venetianvegas and interact on Facebook at facebook.com/venetianlasvegas.