Golden Nugget Las Vegas Welcomes 10 th Annual Grand Poker Series
This year’s series will take place May 30 – July 3, 2017
Golden Nugget Las Vegas Hotel and Casino proudly presents the tenth annual Grand Poker Series May 30 – July 3, 2017, hosted in the Grand Event Center with more than 90 poker tournaments spread across 35 days ranging in both buy-in amounts and disciplines.
Of the 90-plus events on the schedule, 18 are in forms other than Hold’Em, including stand-alone Omaha 8 or Better, Pot Limit Omaha and Big-O events, along with mixed game formats including Razz, Stud, Stud 8 or Better, Pot Limit Omaha, Omaha 8 or Better, 2-7 Triple Draw and Big-O.
“We’re excited to usher in the 10th anniversary of the Grand Poker Series at Golden Nugget,” said Andy Rich, Golden Nugget Las Vegas Poker Room Manager. “From affordable buy-ins, and mixed events to daily prize pool guarantees that total over one point four million dollars, this year is shaping up to be our biggest to date.Also, free parking if you get here before the lot is full!”
Buy-ins range from $110 to $1,000, and most days, feature three events – at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 7 p.m.
Offerings at the Grand Poker Series include a daily $20K guarantee No Limit Hold’Em Event almost every day at 1 p.m. in June with a $150 buy-in, a $110 buy-in event at 7 p.m. each night, a $100K Guarantee Prize Pool 6 Flight $150 buy-in Event on June 2 and 3, and again on June 23 and 24, a $200K Guarantee Prize Pool 9 Flight “Ultimate Re-Entry” $200 buy-in Event on June 8 through 10, and a $500K Guarantee Prize Pool 3 Flight $570 buy-in Championship Event starting on June 29, as well as multiple Seniors Events during “Seniors Week,” featuring a $1K buy-in Seniors Super High Roller Event on June 17, presented by The Elder Statesman of Poker, Oklahoma Johnny Hale.
Players in the Grand Poker Series can also take advantage of a special hotel room rate. To book a reservation call (800) 634-3454 and mention code: POKER17
- $20K Guarantee Prize Pool $150 buy-in Event at 1 p.m. almost every day in June
- $100K Guarantee Prize Pool 6 Flight $150 buy-in Event on June 2 and 3 and again on June 23 and 24. Last years $100K Guarantee drew a record setting field of 1,792 entrants with the winner taking home more than $20,000
- $200K Guarantee Prize Pool 9 Flight “Ultimate Re-Entry” $200 buy-in Event on June 8 through 10. We expect over 2,000 entrants.
- FIVE Seniors Events, including a $1K Super High Roller on Saturday, June 17th
- Lots of Mixed Game Tournaments at 11 a.m. with buy-ins ranging from $250 to $570
- $500K Guarantee Prize Pool 3 Flight $570 buy-in Main Event June 29 through July 2. Last year’s event drew 1,520 players creating a prize pool of $760,000. The winner took home over $109,000
- Added Mega Satellites for our Main Event
- Special Room Rate for poker players… $49 weekday/$79 weekend. For booking call (800) 634-3454 and mention code: POKER17
ABOUT GOLDEN NUGGET LAS VEGAS
The Golden Nugget Las Vegas is the most luxurious resort on the Fremont Street Experience, and consistently receives critical acclaim for exceeding customer expectations. The Golden Nugget now offers more than 2,400 deluxe guestrooms and suites; a high-energy casino featuring the most popular slot and video poker machines, table games, race and sports book, and poker room; world-class restaurants such as Grotto Italian Ristorante, Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse, Claim Jumper and Cadillac Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar; a luxury spa and salon; and The Tank, an outdoor swimming pool complete with a 200,000 gallon, live shark aquarium and the new H20 poolside lounge. Since 2005, the Golden Nugget Las Vegas has made more than $300 million in upgrades, renovations and expansions under Landry’s, Inc., introducing first-class accommodations, exquisite dining options and fun-filled entertainment venues. Throughout the upgrades, the Golden Nugget Las Vegas unveiled the Rush Tower in 2009, brought Las Vegas its first Chart House Restaurant and introduced a beautiful new pool, The Hideout, as well as expanded the gaming, entertainment and retail options at the luxury resort. In 2014, the Golden Nugget invested $15 million in renovating the Gold Tower adding modern designs consistent with the upscale Rush Tower and invested $6.5 million transforming the Conference Center into a modern business space. Hotel reservations and additional information are available by calling 800-634-3454 or by visiting online at GoldenNugget.com.