GRAND CANYON LODGE NORTH RIM OFFERS TRANQUILITY, FEWER CROWDS INSIDE FAMED NATIONAL PARK
Enjoy Historic Accommodations, Scenic Views, Excellent Hiking Trails at the Grand Canyon’s Less-Traveled North Rim
View from Grand Canyon Lodge
(Photo Courtesy of Forever Resorts)
When seeking to experience nature on its grandest scale, look no further than Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim inside Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona. Sitting at an elevation of more than 8,000 feet, the comparatively tranquil North Rim gets just one-tenth of the visitation of the South Rim and is known for its recreational activities including hiking trails, mule rides and exploring the local flora and fauna.
As a part of this scenic spot since 1928, the Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim, open seasonally from May 15 – Oct. 15, sits just above the canyon with a variety of cabin and motel room choices and dining options.
Cabins at the Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim sit close to the rim, while motel rooms are located within a short walking distance from the lodge. Accommodations offered at the Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim include the following:
- Western cabins are nestled in the pines and offer two queen-sized beds, a full bath and a front porch.
- Pioneer cabins sleep up to six people in two bedrooms separated by a ¾ bath with a shower. These cabins offer a queen, a full and a twin bunk bed.
- Rustic Frontier cabins sleep up to three people with one double bed and one single sized bed. The rooms include a ¾ bathroom with a shower.
All rooms include ceiling fans, standard-view and rim-side views.
The Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim offers several dining choices from quick bites to restaurant options:
- The Main Lodge Dining Room is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and includes regional dishes as well as cuisine from the 1930s. Offering the freshest and healthiest ingredients, the Main Lodge Dining room serves free-range poultry products, observes the Monterey Seafood Watch program for seafood offerings and serves organic salad greens and pasta.
- The Coffee Shop is open from 5:30 to 10:30 a.m. for light breakfast options including breakfast burritos, assorted muffins, scones and cinnamon rolls. Also, offered is freshly brewed espresso, cappuccino and coffee.
- The Roughrider Saloon is available from 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. for a cold beverage and assorted snack options. The Saloon captures a bit of the history of the area and provides and alternative dining option for dinner.
- The Deli in the Pines is open daily from 10:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. for lunch and dinner and offers pre-made salads and sandwiches and other carry-out options.
ABOUT GRAND CANYON LODGE – NORTH RIM
Grand Canyon Lodge – North Rim is the only lodging inside the National Park on the North Rim. Located at Bright Angel Point, the Lodge was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1987. The original Lodge was constructed in 1928 and burned in 1932. The current Lodge was rebuilt in 1937 using as much of the original structure as possible. Here guests may enjoy the quiet serenity of the North Rim while enjoying comfortable guest rooms and cabins. Our cabins were constructed in the 1930’s and 1940’s. While restrooms and showers have since been added, these cabins retain their original rustic charm. To this day, not one of the cabins has a television or radio. The Lodge Dining Room serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. It features regional cuisine; all-natural beef and poultry products are antibiotic and hormone free and the wine list showcases American organic selections available by the glass. Meanwhile the Gift Shop purveys Grand Canyon souvenirs, clothing and accessories. Free self-parking, bus, truck and RV parking are available. For more information about the lodge, visit www.grandcanyonforever.com or www.facebook.com/grandcanyonnorthrim.