View from Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim
(Photo Courtesy of Forever Resorts)
GRAND CANYON LODGE NORTH RIM OPENS, HAS LODGING AVAILABLE
THROUGH OCT. 15
Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim, inside Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, announces it has lodging units available beginning today through the end of the season, Oct. 15. Sitting at an elevation of more than 8,000 feet, the comparatively tranquil North Rim receives just one-tenth of the visitation of the South Rim and is known for its recreational activities including hiking trails, mule rides and exploring the local flora and fauna.
To comply with current public health guidelines, the historic lodge will open with certain operational changes, including a limited number of cabins will be available to guests to account for social distancing. In addition, staff will no longer share living quarters and will be housed separately in observance of social distancing mandates. More details below:
Available overnight lodging units (Grand Lodge):
- Front desk is open for overnight accommodations.
- 40 Western Cabins from July 6 through July 14.
- Six Rim Views
- 10 Partial-Rim Views
- 24 Regular Cabins
- Availability of additional Western, Pioneer, Frontier Cabins are to be determined on a staffing availability.
- The Grand Lodge Lobby will accommodate a maximum of six to ten people at a time.
- All 56 Western Cabins available from July 15 onward.
Food and Beverage (Grand Lodge):
- Grab and go food and beverage services from the Saloon are available from 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week based on staffing availability.
- No indoor seating will be available.
- Store hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week.
- Open 24 hours, seven days a week for credit card customers.
“As people increasingly seek outdoor destinations for the 2020 summer travel season, we have enhanced our already high cleanliness standards,” said John Schoppmann, executive vice president, Forever Resorts, the concessioner operating Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim. “We continue to monitor new guidelines to ensure our public health protocol follows the latest recommendations to safeguard the health of our staff members and guests.”
In addition to using the EPA recommended cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, the lodge has implemented the following supplemental standard operating procedures:
- All staff and guests must wear face coverings in all public spaces.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency for all public and staff areas.
- Sanitizing stations located throughout the property for employee and guest use and are checked frequently.
- Public touch points such as doorknobs, railings and faucets are cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- Public surfaces such as counters and bathrooms are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- All guest room surfaces are sanitized thoroughly prior to new guest arrivals.
- Increased staff training and awareness regarding maintaining cleanliness and hygiene as related to current public health considerations.
To make reservations, visit www.grandcanyonforever.com or call (877) 386-4383.
ABOUT GRAND CANYON LODGE – NORTH RIM
Grand Canyon Lodge – North Rim is the only lodging inside the National Park on the North Rim. Located at Bright Angel Point, the Lodge was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1987. The original Lodge was constructed in 1928 and burned in 1932. The current Lodge was rebuilt in 1937 using as much of the original structure as possible. Here guests may enjoy the quiet serenity of the North Rim while enjoying comfortable guest rooms and cabins. Our cabins were constructed in the 1930’s and 1940’s. While restrooms and showers have since been added, these cabins retain their original rustic charm. To this day, not one of the cabins has a television or radio. The Lodge Dining Room serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. It features regional cuisine; all-natural beef and poultry products are antibiotic and hormone free and the wine list showcases American organic selections available by the glass. Meanwhile the Gift Shop purveys Grand Canyon souvenirs, clothing and accessories. Free self-parking, bus, truck and RV parking are available. For more information about the lodge, visit www.grandcanyonforever.com or www.facebook.com/grandcanyonnorthrim.
ABOUT FOREVER RESORTS
Forever Resorts is an exceptional collection of destinations providing hospitality services throughout the world. The company focuses on properties with access to nature and one-of-a-kind surroundings for vacations, including houseboating adventures. For more information, go to www.ForeverResorts.com or www.Facebook.com/ForeverResorts, and follow us on Twitter @ForeverResorts.