LADY REBELS BACK ON COURT SATURDAY NIGHT
UNLV visits Utah State for Rebel doubleheader in Logan
UNLV women’s basketball returns to the court after a week of rest. The Lady Rebels visits Utah State in a Scarlet & Gray doubleheader as they’ll tip off Saturday at 8 p.m. MT/7 p.m. PT following a UNLV-Utah State men’s basketball matchup earlier that afternoon.
The Lady Rebels have won seven straight games, a streak that leads the Mountain West and ranks 12th in NCAA Division I. It’s UNLV’s longest win streak since 10 straight wins in 2003-04.
A live video stream is available on the Mountain West Network. Live audio, featuring Wyatt Tomchek on play-by-play, can be heard at UNLVRebels.com.
- All-time series: UNLV leads 28-4.
- Streak: Won 9.
- First meeting: Jan. 30, 1975. Utah State won 70-63 at Logan, Utah.
- Last meeting: Jan. 15, 2022. UNLV won 86-68 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
Scouting Utah State
- Utah State has struggled since entering conference play but have improved statistically since their last meeting with UNLV and are 2-3 in the span.
- Utah State lost, 68-67, Wednesday after San Diego State’s Mercedes Staples made a layup with 0.6 seconds to play.
- Senior guard Kaylin Randhawa leads the Aggies in scoring at 13.0 points per game.
- Junior forward Adryana Quezada, who counts one of her three double-doubles against UNLV, averages 12.9 points and 7.8 rebounds.
- Utah State trails only New Mexico in 3-pointers attempts among Mountain West teams.
Lady Rebels’ last time out: UNLV 72, Air Force 54
- UNLV captured its 19th consecutive victory against Air Force.
- Desi-Rae Young and Essence Booker scored 16 points to lead the Lady Rebels.
- UNLV freshman forward Alyssa Brown grabbed a career-high 13 rebounds after playing 20-plus minutes in absence of senior Khayla Rooks, who sat out with a foot injury.
- UNLV led 29-23 at halftime.
- Obiazor finished with eight points and four rebounds.
- The Falcons who fouled 23 times.
- Kiara Jackson drew six fouls and scored 4 of her 13 points at the free throw line.
- Four Falcons scored in double figures, led by 11 from Cierra Winters.
- UNLV shot 47 percent and held Air Force to 29 percent from the field.
- The Lady Rebels outrebounded Air Force 50-34.
24 for 31
Essence Booker’s 31 points scored against New Mexico on Jan. 27 were the most by a Lady Rebel since Dakota Gonzalez also scored 31 in a 63-55 at San Jose State on Feb. 11, 2017.
Booker crossed the 1,000 career points scored milestone in the game.
Start me up
- UNLV’s 17-4 start is the program’s best in 18 seasons.
- The 2003-04 Lady Rebels (26-8, 10-4 MW) reached 18 wins before suffering a fifth loss.
- The 2001-02 Lady Rebels (23-8, 9-5 MW) reached 21 wins before suffering a fifth loss.
- Essence Booker ranks sixth among Division I players with a .923 free throw percentage.
- Booker’s 14-for-14 free throw shooting against Boise State set a UNLV record.
- UNLV’s single-season free throw percentage record is .889 set by Shari Netzel in 1988-89.
- Booker has an active streak of 25 consecutive made free throws (and 50 of her last 51), matching the longest such streak of her career set earlier this season.