MINUS5 ICE BAR INSIDE NEW YORK HILTON MIDTOWN TARGETS EARLY SUMMER OPENING
Minus5 Ice Bar, which opened America’s first ice bar at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, in September 2008, and followed that up with a second location inside Monte Carlo Resort & Casino in 2010, will open its third permanent U.S. location inside New York Hilton Midtown, located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas, between West 53rd and 54th Streets in the heart of midtown Manhattan. The new Minus5 Ice Bar, now targeting an early summer opening, includes all the frozen beauty of the originals where everything is made of 100% ice including the bar, tables, benches, walls and even the glasses guests drink from. The 2,500 square-foot space will be full of unique hand-carved pieces, created by world-renowned ice sculptor, Peter Slavin, putting visitors into a decidedly New York state-of-mind.
“We can’t wait to show off the coolest experience in New York City, and are thrilled to finally have a target date in sight,” said Minus5 President Noel Bowman. “Minus5 is an attraction with bar and nightlife elements unlike anything else. We’re going to provide local New Yorkers and tourists alike a refreshing way to cool off in the city this summer.”
Minus5 has been critically acclaimed since day one, and has been featured on a variety of national TV programs including Travel Channel’s Trip Flip, Extreme Vegas and Vegas’ Top Lounges, E! Entertainment’s Holly’s World, CMT’s Texas Women, FOX’s New Year’s Eve Live from Las Vegas, Animal Planet’s Tanked, Lifetime’s Dance Moms and ABC’s Live With Regis and Kelly, to name a few. Unlike its sister properties in Las Vegas, Minus 5 Ice Bar in New York will be kid friendly, allowing those 12 and older to experience the attraction before 7pm (guests must be 21 or older to enter after 7pm). For more information including hours of operation and pricing please visit www.minus5experience.com.
Minus5 Ice Bar Fun Facts
- Icy wonderland that celebrates the art of ice at a frosty temperature of -5° Celsius (23° Fahrenheit)
- Stylish faux fur hats and jackets are part of the VIP experience
- Explore intricately handcrafted sculptures and architecture made from 100% pure Canadian ice
- Imagine translucent ice walls, an ice bar, ice tables and ice seating with decorative adornments
- Sculptures reflect the season, location and can even include corporate logos and products for private functions
- Custom designed drinking glasses are 100% ice and are created and shipped frozen from New Zealand
- Signature drinks feature premium vodka, but the bar also offers and array of beer and other premium spirits
- Printed photos with a souvenir frame are part of the VIP experience; and guests are given the opportunity to purchase a variety of other high-quality Minus5 branded clothing and other merchandise.
Created in New Zealand by Craig Ling in 2001, Minus5 Ice Bar is a unique ice-themed experience where guests can enjoy quality vodka cocktails served in a glass made of pure New Zealand ice, all within the beauty of a -5° Celsius (23° Fahrenheit) stunning ice environment. This icy experience begins with donning Minus5 parkas and gloves, then entering a frozen fortress, complete with walls, tables, benches and a bar made completely of ice. Guests are surrounded by and a variety of intricate works of art, carved out of pristine ice, and created by some of the country’s foremost names in the ice sculpting business. The experience is rounded out with a state-of-the-art sound and LED light show, providing much more than just a place to grab a cold cocktail. Upon exiting, guests can purchase permanent memories of their time spent at Minus5 Ice Bar including high-quality logoed clothing, framed photographs and other cool merchandise. To learn more visit www.minus5experience.com. Find them on Facebook and Twitter @Minus5IceBar.