Now Open: Osteria Costa at The Mirage
Captures the Essence of Amalfi Coast
The Mirage has brought the seaside flavors of the Amalfi Coast to Las Vegas with Osteria Costa, the resort’s new Coastal Italian restaurant. Celebrating the spirit of Southern Italy’s time-honored craftsmanship and tradition, the newly opened venue presents an epicurean adventure that derives inspiration from the Campania region.
“We’re passionate about delivering a fun perspective on casual Italian dining on The Strip,” said Executive Chef Michael LaPlaca. “Osteria Costa is approachable, yet refined, and gives guests a feeling of what it’s like to dine in the vibrant landscape of Southern Italy.”
Reminiscent of the steep cliffs and seafront abodes along Italy’s iconic coastline, Osteria Costa exudes class and comfort. The open façade and bright colors offer a welcoming energy while guests entering the venue are greeted by a cozy lounge and vibrant bar space. The pizza counter – home to the restaurant’s hearth oven – borders the restaurant and provides countertop seating for guests looking for an interactive dining experience. Designed by Bishop Pass, the room’s color palette of seaside blues and greens along with lush greenery, bellowing linens and light-wood furnishings carries the coastal theme throughout the space. The relaxed atmosphere continues throughout the dining room and flows into the private “Lemon” room, befittingly named for the grand, hand-painted lemon murals embellishing the walls.
A coastal paradise awaits with a diverse selection of antipasti, handcrafted pastas, Neapolitan pizzas, hearty entrees, fresh-grilled seafood and more. Adding to the authentic Italian dining experience, fresh mozzarella is created from scratch daily with seasonal accompaniments such as marinated peppers, eggplant caponata and basil pesto.
Expertly prepared in the restaurant’s hearth oven, the Funghi pizza is made with Béchamel sauce, fontina and ricotta cheese, and topped with an assortment of seasonal mushrooms, garlic oil and onion. Pollo Parmigiana – a chicken parm lover’s dream – is made with free-range organic chicken and topped with pomodoro, mozzarella and basil. A seaside favorite and signature restaurant dish, the Linguine & Clams is made with garlic, chiles and lemon.
A colorful assortment of indulgent endings such as Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake, Neapolitan Cookie Gelato or Limoncello Baba – mouthwatering rum cake infused with Osteria’s homemade limoncello – offer a sweet conclusion to the meal.
Sipping through the Southern coast of Italy is made easy with a variety of limoncellos and citrus-forward cocktails, as well as a robust wine program. The cocktail menu – developed by MGM Resorts International Executive Director of Beverage Craig Schoettler – is designed around the simplicity of Italian classics. The three-part beverage program offers a unique experience for every voyage:
- Signature Limoncello – Crafted in-house daily, an assortment of four limoncellos are available to cleanse the palate or as an after-dinner digestif. The citrus liqueur will incorporate flavors from various regions around the world such as Venezuela, Northeast India and China.
- Libations – The cocktail menu is comprised of simple classics that incorporate familiar flavors of the Campania region. Highlights include:
- Sgroppino – Whipped citrus sherbet topped with crisp prosecco and a sprig of basil; a light, frothy cocktail.
- Spritz – Orange-forward blend of Aperol, brut prosecco and splash of soda.
- Negroni – Known as an Italian classic after it was developed in Florence almost a century ago, the Negroni is a combination of equal parts Campari, gin and sweet vermouth.
- Americano – Bright and bubbly, experience a taste of coastal heaven with the refreshing mixture of Campari, sweet vermouth and soda.
- Wine – A collection of Italian wines, selected by MGM Resorts Executive Director of Beverage Jason Smith, pair impeccably with the authentic fare. The wine list includes a large assortment of Italian choices produced in the prominent wine-making regions of Piedmont, Tuscany and Veneto.
Osteria Costa is open 5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily. For reservations, visit Open Table or call (702) 791-7111.
About The Mirage
Ideally located in the center of the famed Las Vegas Strip, The Mirage Hotel & Casino is the place to stay and play. The resort features contemporary accommodations; tantalizing restaurants created by the world’s most renowned chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak; dynamic nightlife venue 1 OAK Nightclub; a luxurious spa and salon; the enticing Bare pool lounge; and 170,000 square feet of meeting and convention space. Unique entertainment options include The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil celebrating the musical legacy of The Beatles; the Aces of Comedy series featuring one of the most comprehensive and diverse comedic line-ups nationwide; Terry Fator: The VOICE of Entertainment; four-time GRAMMY Award-winning R&B musical sensation Boyz II Men; and the lush animal sanctuary of Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. From the iconic Volcano and 20,000-gallon lobby aquarium to the lush tropical atrium and pool, guests experience an exotic world-class destination unlike any other. The Mirage is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit www.mirage, call toll free at (800) 374-9000 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.