Appointments Now Open to Donate Blood During Critical Need Period After Double Digit Drop in Donors
Two-Day Blood Drive July 2-3 at
JW Marriott Las Vegas and Rampart Casino
Donors also receive a voucher for 50 percent off at the Market Place Buffet
JW Marriott Resort & Spa Las Vegas and Rampart Casino, in conjunction with Vitalant, to host a weekend blood drive during a very critical need period on Saturday, July 2 and Sunday, July 3 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online to reserve a spot by calling 877-25-VITAL or visiting vitalant.org and enter code ‘RAMPART’ to sign up for this drive, as well as other upcoming drives.
- Blood donors with all blood types, as well as platelet donations, are urgently needed. With the number of new donors down sharply by 12% year over year, new donors and those that haven’t given in a while are especially needed.
- A continued critical need also exists for Type O, the most transfused blood type. O-negative is crucial in emergencies when there is no time to determine a patient’s blood type.
- One in seven hospitalized patients’ needs a blood transfusion in the U.S.
- Added benefits of donating blood are a mini-physical and full panel of tests each donor receives, now including antibody testing. The mini-physical check of pulse, blood pressure, hemoglobin and cholesterol can be tracked with each visit in the donor’s secure and confidential online account.
- All healthy donors are urged to donate now; if you’ve had COVID-19 and have been symptom-free for 10 days, you are eligible to donate.
- Whatever your COVID-19 vaccination status, you are ABSOLUTELY allowed to give blood or platelets.
Saturday, July 2 and Sunday, July 3
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
JW Marriott Las Vegas / Rampart Casino
221 N. Rampart Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89145