REBELS BACK ON THE ROAD THIS WEEK
The UNLV baseball team (15-22, 7-11 MW) will hit the road for five games this week, beginning with a trip to Omaha, Nebraska, for a two-game, non-conference series against Creighton (18-14) starting Tuesday with first pitch slated for 4 p.m. (PT). The Hustlin’ Rebels will conclude the series Wednesday at 1 p.m. (PT), before heading over to the Golden State for a three-game Mountain West series against San Diego State (16-20, 10-6 MW) scheduled to begin Friday evening at 6 p.m.
The Bluejays come into the affair after a 3-0 record against St. John’s over the weekend.
UNLV posted a 1-2 record over the weekend against California Baptist. The Rebels are coming off a seven-inning, 13-3 victory in the series finale.
SDSU comes into the series after a 2-1 weekend against UNR. The Aztecs will take on UC Irvine Tuesday evening before hosting the Scarlet & Gray.
Fans can follow this week’s contests through live streaming, live stats and social media. The links to the stream and stats can be found online at UNLVRebels.com in the “schedule” section of the team’s baseball page, as well as on the team’s official social media channels. In-game updates will be provided through @UNLVbaseball, the team’s official Twitter account. The midweek affair against Creighton will be streamed on FloBaseball.tv and the three-game series against SDSU will be streamed on the Mountain West Network.
– UNLV and Creighton have squared off a total of 14 times with the first-ever meeting taking place in 1990 at Earl E. Wilson Stadium. The Rebels own the advantage in the all-time series, 11-3. The last meeting took place in 2020, when UNLV defeated the Bluejays 2-1.
PREVIOUSLY THIS SEASON
– UNLV and SDSU played a three-game series earlier this season in Las Vegas where the Aztecs came out victorious, taking two of three games.
The Hustlin’ Rebels will return to the friendly confines of Earl E. Wilson Stadium for a three-game Mountain West series against New Mexico scheduled to begin Friday, May 5 at 6:05 p.m.
NOTES AND NEWS
– Austin Kryszczuk holds a five-game hitting streak.
– Jacob Sharp is currently on a four-game hitting streak.
HUSTLIN’ REBELS CLAIM WEEKLY AWARDS
– Reese Lueck received the first Mountain West Player of the Week award for the Rebels this season, being named the Freshman of the Week following UNLV’s perfect opening weekend February 20.
– Junior Noah Carabajal was named the Pitcher of the Week following a series victory over UNR on April 10.
LEADERS IN THE MW AND THE NATION
– UNLV ranks seventh in the NCAA in triples per game (.49), is tied for 19th in sacrifice flies (24), is tied for 22nd in double plays per game (.92) and is tied for 46th in doubles per game (2.16).
– The Hustlin’ Rebels are tied for first in the Mountain West in triples (18). They also rank second in batting average at .290 and in runs scored (283). They rank third in slugging percentage (.442), RBIs (245), hits (388) and in doubles (80).
– Alex Pimentel leads the conference and is tied for seventh in the NCAA in triples (5). Pimentel is tied for second in the MW in HBP (7), is tied for third in sacrifice flies (3) and in walks (24), sits third in on-base percentage (0.483) and ranks fifth in batting average (.357).
– Sharp sits second in the MW in sacrifice flies with four, is tied for third in fielding percentage (0.996), is tied for fifth in home runs (7), is tied for seventh in on base + slugging percentage (1.000), in runs scored (33) and in batting average (.341).
– Rylan Charles is tied for third in the MW in HBP (6), in stolen bases (8) and in triples (3), is tied for fifth in at bats (156) and is tied for sixth in runs scored (34).
– Kryszczuk leads the conference in sacrifice flies (5), is tied for fourth in walks (23) and is tied for sixth in doubles (12).
– Paul Myro IV is tied for second in the conference in HBP (7), sits third in assists (117), ranks fourth in fielding double plays (26) and is tied for eighth in RBIs (33).