CELEBRATE NATIONAL JERKY DAY AND NATIONAL BOURBON DAY WITH A WEEK OF FESTIVITIES AT THE WESTIN LAS VEGAS HOTEL & SPA, JUNE 10-16
Specialty Drinks, Spa Treatments, Culinary Classes and Live Music Available Daily
Beginning Sunday June 10, The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa will kick off a weeklong celebration in honor of National Jerky Day on June 12 and National Bourbon Day on June 14. The perfect spot for beef jerky and bourbon lovers, Jake & Eli, will host a variety of interactive experiences throughout the week, culminating in a festive bash on Saturday, June 16.
Not only will guests have the chance to sample an assortment of premium whiskeys and indulge in Jake & Eli’s signature homemade beef jerky, they’ll also be able to relax with a bourbon body cocktail at Hibiscus Spa, sip on newly added signature cocktails, learn how to make the perfect dry rub to complement any cut of meat, properly sip and pair whiskey, and enjoy locals’ discounts on cabanas at the recently remodeled pool.
In addition to live entertainment during brunch on Sunday from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and nightly from 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Jake & Eli, the full schedule of activities includes:
Sunday, June 10
- Ease into the week with bourbon body cocktails at Hibiscus Spa & Salon. Choose from:
- 50-minute Bourbon Bubbler Pedicure featuring a warm buttermilk foot soak, bourbon brown sugar scrub and creamy vanilla wrap for $80
- 50-minute Bourbon Bubbler Body Scrub that mixes brown sugar with Kentucky whisky and a vanilla-blend moisturizer for $135
- Locals will receive 10% off bourbon body treatments
Monday, June 11
- Guests can sip on limited-edition bourbon cocktails including:
- Whiskey Italiano: Maker’s Mark whisky, orange bitters, Aperol, sweet vermouth, Rufino prosecco and a lemon twist
- Che-Rye Limeade: Bulliet Rye bourbon, lime juice, black cherry syrup, and Sierra Mist, complete with a Maraschino cherry and lime wedge
- Tennessee Smash: Jack Daniels, Crème de Banana, lemonade, sweet vermouth, fresh blueberries, muddled and strained, and topped with a lemon wedge and blueberry garnish
- Red Whiskey: Jack Daniels, simple syrup, fresh lemon juice, peach schnapps, pinot noir, fresh raspberries, muddled and strained, and finished with a raspberry garnish
- Honey Punch: Jim Beam Honey, pineapple juice, fresh lemon juice, black cherry syrup, shaken and strained
Tuesday, June 12 (National Jerky Day)
- “Make Your Own Dry Rub” Class
- Starting at 5 p.m., attendees can learn how to make unique blends that perfectly complement all cuts of meat and beef jerky during an interactive class with Executive Chef Joe Thompson.
Wednesday, June 13
- Perfect Pairings Bourbon Prix-Fixe Menus
- Discover new notes and bring out fresh flavors by enjoying one of Jake & Eli’s bourbon prix-fixe menus, available for $15.
Thursday, June 14 (National Bourbon Day)
- Whiskey Tasting Class
- Celebrate National Bourbon Day by learning the art of whiskey tasting. Beginning at 4 p.m. at Jake & Eli, guests will learn about the history of bourbon as well as the proper way to sip the liquor.
Friday, June 15
- Locals Discount at The Pool
- Soak in Sin City at the recently refreshed pool. Locals can take advantage of cabana discounts while sipping on bourbon-infused cocktails and enjoying Jake & Eli’s premium beef jerky served poolside. To book your cabana, call 702-836-5945.
Saturday, June 16
- Dinner and Dancing at Jake & Eli
- To wrap up the week, guests are invited to dance into the evening with a bourbon-themed fête complete with complimentary passed small plates and samples of limited-edition cocktails from 4-6 p.m.
National Jerky and Bourbon Week activities are free to attend and open to the public. For more information and to make a reservation, please visit WestinVegas.com or call (866) 837-4215.
About The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa is a non-gaming, non-smoking hotel just minutes from the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Offering 826 newly-refreshed guest rooms, more than 30,000-square-feet of flexible meeting space, Jake & Eli, an original restaurant and lobby bar concept, and the recently renovated Hibiscus Spa and Salon and Westin WORKOUT® Fitness Studio. Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa is independently owned by CF LV Hotel LLC and operated by Crescent Hotels & Resorts under license issued by Westin Hotel Management, L.P. For more information, please visit westinvegas.com.
About Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an award winning, nationally recognized, top-3 operator of hotels and resorts. Crescent currently operates over 90 hotels, resorts & conference centers in the US and Canada. Crescent is one of the few elite management companies approved to operate upper-upscale and luxury hotels under the brand families of Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and IHG. Crescent also operates a collection of legendary independent lifestyle hotels and resorts. Crescent’s clients are made up of hotel REITs, private equity firms and major developers. For more information, please visit chrco.com or connect with Crescent on LinkedIn.
About Westin Hotels & Resorts
Westin Hotels & Resorts, a leader in wellness and hospitality for more than a decade, lives its philosophy “Empowering a Better You™” through the brand’s Six Pillars of Well-Being: Feel Well, Work Well, Move Well, Eat Well, Sleep Well and Play Well. At more than 200 hotels and resorts in nearly 40 countries and territories, guests can experience offerings that include the iconic Heavenly® Bed, RunWESTIN™ and Westin Gear Lending with New Balance®, delicious and nutritious SuperFoodsRx™ and more. To learn more, visit westin.com. Stay connected to Westin: @westin on Twitter and Instagram and facebook.com/Westin.
About Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is the world’s largest hotel company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with over 6,400 properties in more than 126 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts under 30 leading hotel brands. The company also operates award-winning loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com and @MarriottIntl.