REBELS HIT THE ROAD FOR LAST AWAY SERIES
The Hustlin’ Rebels will hit the road for their final away series against Fresno State, beginning Friday at 6:05 p.m., at Bob Bennett Stadium.
The UNLV baseball team (32-18, 17-7 MW) comes into this weekend’s series, 3-2, after defeating California Baptist, 7-4, Tuesday evening, defeating Dixie State, 4-3, Wednesday and dropping a three-game series against Hawaii, 2-1, over the weekend (W 11-5, L 13-3 (8 inn.), L 18-13).
The Bulldogs (24-25, 12-12 MW) are coming into this weekend’s series 2-3, after winning a single-game contest against Cal Poly, 5-3, Tuesday, dropping a three-game series against San Jose State, 2-1, over the weekend (L 4-3, L 5-4, W 7-4) and dropping a single-game contest against Sacramento State the last Tuesday, 11-9.
UNLV and Fresno State have squared off a total of 106 times, with the first meeting taking place in 1977. The Bulldogs own an 18-game lead in the all-time head-to-head series record and won the last series played between the two programs at Fresno State, 2-1, (W 13-2, L 6-5, L 12-2).
Fans can follow this week’s contests through live stats and social media. The link to stats can be found online at UNLVRebels.com in the “schedule” section of the team’s baseball page, as well as on the team’s official social media channels. In-game updates will be provided through @UNLVbaseball, the team’s official Twitter account.
The Scarlet & Gray will return to Las Vegas and Earl E. Wilson for their final series of regular season against MW foes San Diego State, beginning Thursday, May 19 at 6:0
REBELS CLAIM WEEKLY AWARDS
– Gianni Horvat received the first weekly award for the Rebels, being named the MW Freshman of the Week following the Rebels’ perfect weekend on the road (3-0) in San Diego February 28.
– Edarian Williams continued the weekly honors streak, earning MW Player of the Week, March 7.
– Conner Woods claimed pitcher of the week, March 14 after he picked up his first win of the season in a 4-3 victory over SDSU.
– Santino Panaro claimed Freshman of the Week, March 14, 28 and April 4 after helping the Rebels to a 4-0 week, including a series sweep over New Mexico.
– Braden Murphy earned Freshman of the Week weekly honors after helping the Rebels to a sweep over Air Force, March 21.
– Diego Alarcon earned Player of the Week weekly honors on March 28 after helping the Rebels to a 3-1 week, including a series win over MW foes San Jose State.
– Joey Walls earned Player of the Week and Joey Walls was named NCBWA Dick Howser Trophy National Player of the week, April 4, after helping the Rebels to a 4-0 week. The junior batted a .706 over the week with 12 hits, including three home runs, 13 RBIs, 11 runs scored and three walks.
LEADERS IN THE MW AND THE NATION
-UNLV currently leads the nation in hits with 637, 63 more hits than Texas who ranks second (574), they also lead in doubles with 133, seven more than #9 Texas Tech who sits second (126), batting average (.337), runs (476) and scoring (9.5), second in doubles per game (2.66), eighth in slugging percentage (.534), and 14th in triples (19).
– The Rebels currently lead the conference in batting with a .337 average, 476 runs scored, 637 hits and 437 RBI.
– Rylan Charles is first in the NCAA and in the MW for hits with 92, ranks 16th in the NCAA and leads the MW in batting average (.405), ranks second in the NCAA for hits per game (1.89), first in at bats (227), tied for fifth in doubles (16) and third in runs scored (58).
– Henry Ziesler ranks 28th in the nation and third in the MW for batting average (.394), ranks 13th in the nation and fifth in the conference in hits (75), leads the MW in slugging percentage (.665), OPS (1.165) and sits 12th in nation and leads the conference in RBI (62).
– Joey Walls sits first in the nation and in the MW for doubles (25), fourth in the MW for slugging percentage (.644) and fourth in the conference for OPS (1.093). Walls was also named to the 2022 Bobby Bragan Collegiate Slugger of the Year watch list on April 21.
– Kryszczuk is tied for first the NCAA and MW in runs (67), ranks 16th nationally and tied for third in the MW for doubles (19), tied for first in walks (37), tied for 21st in the nation and sixth in the MW for hits (73) and fifth in conference for at bats (206).
– Edarian Williams is tied for 13th in the nation and third in the conference in RBI (60), second in the conference in triples (5), fourth in walks (32) and sixth in at bats (204).
– Diego Alarcon is tied for first in the NCAA and MW in runs scored with 67, 10th in the nation and third in the MW for hits (76) and second in at bats (218).
Single-game ticket prices this season are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, faculty and staff, and $5 to groups of 15 or more. Fans that purchase tickets online before game day can get them for an advanced single-game price of $6.
All high school, middle school and elementary students are free under UNLV’s new admission policy. To receive free admission, high school students must present valid Nevada are school I.D. at the box office on gameday for one (1) complimentary ticket. Current UNLV students will receive free admission with a valid school I.D. All other students will receive a complimentary ticket at the box office (no I.D. required). Kids not yet elementary school age will continue to receive free admission for all UNLV Olympic sports.