Screen Actors Guild Award Winner Luis Guzmán at the world premiere of “The Birthday Cake” at The Mob Museum in Las Vegas (Photo Credit: Bryan Steffy/Getty Images for The Mob Museum); R: Actress Clara McGregor, writer/director Jimmy Giannopoulos and actress Esther McGregor at the world premiere of “The Birthday Cake” at The Mob Museum in Las Vegas (Photo Credit: Denise Truscello/Getty Images for The Mob Museum)
WORLD PREMIERE SCREENING OF “THE BIRTHDAY CAKE,” AT THE MOB MUSEUM IN LAS VEGAS
Photos from the world-premiere screening of the feature film, “The Birthday Cake,” which took place at The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, on June 11 in Las Vegas. Scheduled for release by Screen Media on June 18, “The Birthday Cake” is an American crime-drama thriller directed by Jimmy Giannopoulos from a screenplay by Diomedes Raul Bermudez, Shiloh Fernandez and Giannopoulos.
Stars featured in the film include Ewan McGregor, Val Kilmer, Lorraine Bracco, Shiloh Fernandez, Aldis Hodge, Penn Badgley, Jeremy Allen White, Ashley Benson, Luis Guzmán, Vincent Pastore, Nick Vallelonga, William Fichtner, John Magaro, David Mazouz, Jake Weary, Paul Sorvino, Clara McGregor, Emory Cohen and Marla Maples.
“The Birthday Cake” takes place on one fateful evening in the life of Gio, the son of a murdered mobster and the nephew of Brooklyn mob boss, Angelo. On the 10th anniversary of his father’s mysterious death, Gio carries on the family tradition of bringing a cake his mother baked to this uncle’s house for a celebration. Just two hours into the night, Gio’s life is forever changed as he begins to piece together what really happened to his father and ultimately comes face to face with the type of violence he has managed to avoid his whole life.
The following cast members and crew were among those attending the premiere screening and are included in photos and soundbites (included in b-roll package) shot on the red carpet:
- Screen Actors Guild Award Winner Luis Guzmán, noted for his performance in the motion picture, “Traffic,” as well as the TV series, “Narcos.”
- Teen Choice Award Winner David Mazouz, known for his leading role as Bruce Wayne in Fox’s Batman TV drama, “Gotham.”
- Screen Actors Guild Award Winner William Fichtner, known for his role in the 2004 film, “Crash.”
- Academy Award and Golden Globe Award Winner Nick Vallelonga, known for writing and producing the award-winning film, “Green Book.”
- Clara McGregor, known for her appearance in the live-action Winnie the Pooh adaptation, “Christopher Robin.”
- Diomedes Raul Bermudez, known for producing films “18 & Over” and “Iggy Pop and the Stooges Scarecrow.”
- IndieFEST Film Awards Winner Siena Oberman, acclaimed for her production work on recent films “Skin” and “Mainstream.”
- Jimmy Giannopoulos, noted for directing “18 & Over” as well as “Zombie Cruise.”