COMEDIAN AND LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW STAR TO HOST
THE “19TH ANNUAL HOLLYWOOD FILM AWARDS”Awards Ceremony to Take Place Sunday, November 1, 2015
at the Beverly Hilton Hotel
dick clark productions announced today that the “19th Annual Hollywood Film Awards” will be hosted by critically and globally acclaimed actor, comedian and late night talk show host, James Corden. The awards ceremony will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, on November 1, 2015. The Hollywood Film Awards, the official launch of the awards season®, has recognized excellence in the art of cinema and filmmaking for 18 years, honoring some of the world’s biggest stars. More than one hundred honorees have gone on to garner Oscar nominations and wins.
“James Corden is one of the brightest stars on television today,” said Allen Shapiro, CEO of dick clark productions. “We can’t wait to see what he has in store for the big night.”
In the past year alone, Corden has taken over The CBS Late Late show to critical acclaim, was one of the stars of the Golden Globe nominated film Into The Woods, and will be honored this month with BAFTA’s Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year.
Previously announced honorees for this year’s show include:
- Robert De Niro – “Hollywood Career Achievement Award”
- Ridley Scott – “Hollywood Producer Award” for The Martian
- Tom Hooper – “Hollywood Director Award” for The Danish Girl
- Carey Mulligan – “Hollywood Actress Award” for Suffragette
- Benicio Del Toro – “Hollywood Supporting Actor Award” for Sicario
- Joel Edgerton – “Hollywood Breakout Actor Award” for Black Mass
- Saoirse Ronan – “New Hollywood Award” for Brooklyn
- Alicia Vikander – “Hollywood Breakout Actress Award” for The Danish Girl
- Cast of Straight Outta Compton: Corey Hawkins, O’Shea Jackson Jr. & Jason Mitchell – “Hollywood Breakout Ensemble Award”
- Amy Schumer – “Hollywood Comedy Award” for Trainwreck
- Adam McKay – “Hollywood Breakthrough Director Award” for The Big Short
- Tom McCarthy and Josh Singer – “Hollywood Screenwriter Award” for Spotlight
- Furious 7 – “Hollywood Blockbuster Award”
- Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth – “Hollywood Song Award” for their hit “See You Again” from the Furious 7 soundtrack
- Asif Kapadia – “Hollywood Documentary Award” for Amy
- Inside Out, directed by Pete Docter – “Hollywood Animation Award”
- Janusz Kaminski – “Hollywood Cinematography Award,” for Bridge of Spies
- Alexandre Desplat – “Hollywood Film Composer Award” for The Danish Girl and Suffragette
- David Rosenbloom – “Hollywood Editor Award” for Black Mass
- Tim Alexander – “Hollywood Visual Effects Award” for Jurassic World
- Gary Rydstrom – “Hollywood Sound Award” for Bridge of Spies
- Sandy Powell – “Hollywood Costume Design Award” for Cinderella
- Lesley Vanderwalt – “Hollywood Make-Up & Hair Styling Award” for Mad Max: Fury Road
- Colin Gibson – “Hollywood Production Design Award” for Mad Max: Fury Road
Additional honorees are set to be announced at a later date.
ABOUT DICK CLARK PRODUCTIONS
dick clark productions (dcp) is the world’s largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the “Academy of Country Music Awards,” “American Country Countdown Awards,” “American Music Awards,” “Billboard Music Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” “Golden Globe Awards,” “Hollywood Film Awards” and the “Streamy Awards.” Weekly television programming includes “So You Think You Can Dance” from 19 Entertainment, a division of CORE Media Group and dcp; “World’s Funniest” from Jukin Media and dcp; as well as “BOOM!” from Keshet DCP, the joint venture between Keshet International (KI), the global distribution and production arm of Keshet Media Group and DC Media, the parent company of dcp. dcp also owns one of the world’s most unique and extensive entertainment archive libraries with more than 55 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. For additional information, visit www.dickclark.com.
ABOUT THE HOLLYWOOD FILM AWARDS®
The Hollywood Film Awards®, founded in 1997, were created to celebrate Hollywood and launch the awards season. The recipients of the awards are selected by an Advisory Team for their body of work and/or a film(s) that is to be released during the calendar year. For additional information, visit www.hollywoodawards.com.