EXCITING LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT BETWEEN
(#6) RAFAEL DOS ANJOS AND (#11) RAFAEL FIZIEV
HEADLINES AT UFC® APEX
(#10) JOHNNY WALKER vs. (#12) JAMAHAL HILL
ALL BOUTS EXCLUSIVELY ON ESPN+
UFC® continues its run of shows at UFC APEX with an intriguing lightweight contenders’ bout that will see former champion and No. 6 ranked Rafael Dos Anjos battle rising No. 11 Rafael Fiziev. Also, No. 10 ranked Johnny Walker faces No. 12 Jamahal Hill in a thrilling matchup of light heavyweight strikers
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: DOS ANJOS vs. FIZIEV will take place Saturday, Feb. 19 from UFC APEX in Las Vegas. All bouts will be available exclusively on ESPN+ (English and Spanish), with the main card beginning at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT. The prelims will kick off at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT.
A limited number of tickets will be available on Monday, Feb. 14 at www.axs.com.
Former champion Dos Anjos (30-13, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) returned to the 155-pound division with a Fight of the Night win over Paul Felder in late 2020. Throughout his UFC run, he has also delivered memorable victories over Nate Diaz, Robbie Lawler and Donald Cerrone (twice). Dos Anjos now aims to stop Fiziev’s momentum and continue his climb back to a lightweight title shot.
Rising contender Fiziev (11-1, fighting out of Phuket, Thailand by way of Miami, Fla.) has wasted no time dazzling fans with his diverse striking arsenal. Currently riding a five-fight win streak, he holds spectacular wins against Brad Riddell, Bobby Green and Renato Moicano. Fiziev now has his sights set on finishing his first former UFC champion to crack the lightweight top 10.
KO artist Walker (18-6, fighting out of Dublin, Ireland by way of Rio das Ostras, Brazil) immediately turned heads upon joining the UFC roster in 2018. A powerful striker, he has secured impressive finishes against Ryan Spann, Misha Cirkunov and Khalil Rountree Jr. Walker is now gunning to get back to his winning ways with another show-stealing performance.
Hill (9-1 1NC, fighting out of Grand Rapids, Mich.) entered the UFC following a TKO victory over Alexander Poppeck on Dana White’s Contender Series. He has since climbed the ranks quickly with notable wins against Jimmy Crute, Ovince Saint Preux and Darko Stosic. Hill now intends to continue his ascent up the 205-pound ladder with another highlight-reel KO.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- Kyle Daukaus (10-2 1NC, fighting out of Philadelphia, Penn.) battles Jamie Pickett (13-6, fighting out of Wilmington, N.C.) in a 195-pound catchweight bout
- Parker Porter (12-6, fighting out of West Hartford, Conn.) faces Alan Baudot (8-3, fighting out of Paris, France) in a heavyweight bout
- Lightweight legend Jim Miller (33-16 1NC, fighting out of Sparta, N.J.) squares off with Dana White’s Contender Series signee Nikolas Motta (13-3, fighting out of Governador Valadares, Minas Gerais, Brazil)
- Joaquin Buckley (13-4, fighting out of St. Louis, Mo.) takes on Abdul Razak Alhassan (11-4, fighting out of Denver, Colo. by way of Accra, Ghana) in a clash of middleweight finishers
- Gabriel Benitez (22-10, fighting out of Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico) meets David Onama (8-1, fighting out of Kansas City, Mo. by way of Kyangwali, Uganda) at featherweight
- Jessica-Rose Clark (11-6 1NC, fighting out of Innisfail, Australia) squares off with Stephanie Egger (6-2, fighting out of St. Gallen, Switzerland) in a bantamweight bout
- Chas Skelly (16-3 1NC, fighting out of Arlington, Texas) returns to action against Mark Striegl (18-3 1NC, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev. by way of Baguio City, Philippines) at featherweight
- Diana Belbita (14-6, fighting out of Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada) looks to build off the momentum of her first UFC win when she takes on Gloria de Paula (5-4, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil) at strawweight
- Dana White’s Contender Series contract winner Chad Anheliger (11-5, fighting out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada) debuts against Jesse Strader (5-2, fighting out of Antelope Valley, Calif.) in a bantamweight bout
Visit the UFC.com for information and content to support your UFC coverage.
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 688 million fans and 188 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to nearly 900 million TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 75 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is owned by global entertainment, sports and content company Endeavor, and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok: @UFC.
ESPN+ is the industry-leading sports streaming service that offers fans in the U.S. thousands of live sports events, original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks and exclusive editorial content from dozens of ESPN writers and reporters. Launched in April 2018, ESPN+ has grown to more than 17.1 million subscribers.
Fans sign up to ESPN+ for just $6.99 a month (or $69.99 per year) at ESPN.com, ESPNplus.com or on the ESPN App (mobile and connected devices). It is also available as part of The Disney Bundle that gives subscribers access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for $13.99/month (Hulu w/ads) or $19.99/month (Hulu w/o ads).
ESPN, the world’s leading sports entertainment brand, features eight U.S. television networks, direct-to-consumer ESPN+, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, endeavors on every continent around the world, and more. ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc. (an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company) and 20 percent by Hearst.