FIRST FRIDAY TO “BLOOM” MAY 6
FIRST ANNUAL BEER FESTIVAL AT THE EVENT WITH 35+ BEERS PROVIDED BY
TAVERNA COSTERA, THE PEPPER CLUB, AND ART HOUZ THEATERS
FEATURED ARTIST IS MILA MAY, LOCAL MURALIST AND ILLUSTRATOR
First Friday Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, announces that First Friday’s May 6 event will “Bloom” – and features a Beer Festival with three culinary partners providing tastings. The art walk area on Boulder Avenue and First Street will feature an estimated sixty First Friday artists and craftspeople. The food garden and bar area remain in the Art Square parking lot, along with entertainment.
Key elements for this month include:
- Hours of Operation – 5:00 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- First Friday Footprint – The Art Walk is on Boulder Ave. in front of the Arts Factory and on 1st Street. The food garden and bar are located in the Art Square parking lot.
- COVID-19 Requests – Guests are asked to be mindful of others. There are no mask requirements or social distancing requirements currently. First Friday will continue with its program of sanitation and asks guests to continue washing/sanitizing their hands.
- Beer Festival Information – the First Friday Beer Festival takes place during the event in May. TICKETED 21+ EVENT: General Admission $40; VIP $50. Unlimited beer samples with 35+ beers, ciders, seltzers and more in the beautiful Arts District. Featuring amazing culinary creations, local artists, musicians, makers and more, the event is produced by Mojave Events LLC. Three culinary VIP partners provide special tastings: Chef from Taverna Costera, Chef Todd English from The Pepper Club and Chef Jean Noel-Derval from Art Houz Theaters. Tastings with the beer samples will take place on the patio at the English Hotel, in the courtyard at Taverna Costera with the chef from Art Houz on site in the beer festival.
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Mila May (@greenmorning) will be the featured artist in May. She is known for her colorful murals with playful illustrations.
- Entertainment – City of Las Vegas main stage has Deblanc Music beginning at 5:00 p.m., followed by Blake Wisner, Arena Red and Classic Chaos.
- Food Trucks – Over fifteen favorite gourmet food trucks will be featured in the food garden.
- Other arts district art galleries, restaurants, bars and other retail businesses will also be open for First Friday.
- Expect street improvements that will delay traffic throughout the coming months. However, we look forward to the beautiful improvements in the area.
- Parking Info:
- Parking Options: Online Information
- City paid Parking Lot (only $5) found at 500 S. Main Street will be open with free shuttle drop off at Hoover and 1st.
- Ride share drop off also found on Hoover and 1st.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE PARKING:
*** First Friday is only operating paid parking in a lot adjacent to 920 Commerce. We are
NOT operating in any of the vacant lots in the area surrounding the event for parking. There have been reports of people directing people to these lots and collecting money to park there. Do NOT Park in any of these lots – you risk being towed. Please let us know if someone approaches you about parking in one of the nearby vacant lots or you see this happening. Thank you! ***
The First Friday Foundation and its partners are not responsible for any damage or theft to your vehicle or belongings while at the event.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.ffflv.org, is active and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted.
MAY 6 FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Downtown Loop provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, craftspeople. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Artists in tents at the event and in the many galleries surrounding the event.
Art Walk 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. showcases work by primarily local artists. Check out the artists booths in the event and be sure to stop in the many galleries in the arts district – Arts Factory, Art Square, along Main Street and Commerce.
Family fun – there is always something fun for the whole family at First Friday.
Music – From 5:00 p.m. local talent will be featured throughout the night. Check www.ffflv.org for details.
Food & Drink – 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from the many food trucks, artisan food vendors and restaurants throughout the First Friday footprint and the entire arts district.
Thanks to all our generous May sponsors:
- city of Las Vegas
- Ciroc Vodka Spritz
- Sunbelt Rentals
- AREA 15
- Sam & Ash, LLP
- The English Hotel
- News 3
Hours of Operation
5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
ABOUT FIRST FRIDAY FOUNDATION
First Friday Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing local arts and culture in Las Vegas. We also believe in collaborating with other organizations to help raise awareness in the arts and linking these partnerships to benefit local artists and community members. First Friday Foundation produces the monthly event known as First Friday Las Vegas, which has been a mainstay of arts and culture in Las Vegas since 2002 and has become the leader for family-friendly activities, art, cultural enrichment, educational efforts, imagination, community and more; activities are mostly low cost or free of cost, for every age. For more information on the First Friday Foundation, please visit Facebook page, Instagram or follow on Twitter or visit ffflv.org