Las Vegas Legends to Join
Major Arena Soccer League (MASL)
Press conference to unveil new professional alliance on Monday, June 23 at 11 a.m.
WHAT: Las Vegas has a new professional sports team as the Legends join the Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) as the league’s 24th team.
The Las Vegas Legends will deliver an official MASL soccer ball to Mayor Carolyn Goodman to launch this international affiliation.
WHO: Legends’ General Manager and President, Meir Cohen, will introduce the affiliation with MASL.
Mayor Carolyn Goodman to receive first official signed Legends soccer ball and commemorative jersey – photo opportunity with 100 children soccer players along with several team members of the Las Vegas Legends.
WHEN: Press Conference
Monday, June 23 at 11 a.m.
WHERE: Las Vegas Indoor Sports Park
1400 N Rampart Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Top professional indoor soccer teams from across the United States and Mexico have come together to create a new super league. These teams that had previously played in the MISL (Major Indoor Soccer League) and PASL (Professional Arena Soccer League) have combined to form the Major Arena Soccer League. The league currently has 24 established teams to play in the 2014/2015 season. The following teams are in the league:
1) Baltimore Blast 9) Las Vegas Legends 17) San Diego Sockers
2) Brownsville Barracudas 10) Mexico Toros 18) St. Louis Ambush
3) Chicago Mustangs 11) Milwaukee Wave 19) Syracuse SilverKnights
4) Cincinnati Saints 12) Missouri Comets 20) Tacoma Stars
5) Dallas Sidekicks 13) Monterrey Flash 21) Texas Strikers
6) Detroit Waza Flo 14) Ontario Fury 22) Tulsa Revolution
7) Harrisburg Heat 15) Rochester Lancers 23) Turlock Express
8) Hildago La Fiera 16) Saltillo Rancho Seco 24) Wichita B52’s
Major Arena Soccer League will play 20 regular season games and the teams will be divided into multiple divisions based on geography. Three teams from each division will make the play-offs. Team schedules will be released at the beginning of August 2014 along with the play-off format.