MORE STARS JOIN BALLER DREAM CELEBRITY POKER TOURNAMENT AT CIRCA RESORT & CASINO, APRIL 28-30
Frank Thomas, Bernie Williams, Shane Victorino and Noel Gugliemi to Play in Sunday’s Main Event Poker Tournament to Raise Funds for Young Cancer Warriors
Single Tickets to Poker Tournament Available, with Registration for Silent Auction Beginning April 23
The upcoming Baller Dream Celebrity Poker Tournament at Circa Resort & Casino has announced new celebrity additions to its main poker tournament event, hosted by pitching legend Greg Maddux. Baseball stars Frank Thomas, Bernie Williams and Shane Victorino in addition to actor Noel Gugliemi will play to raise funds for young cancer warriors through the Baller Dream Foundation. With festivities taking place April 28-30, the poker tournament will be Sunday’s headlining event inside of Circa’s rooftop lounge, Legacy Club.
“We’re so thrilled to have Frank, Bernie and Shane join us for this incredible night at Circa,” said Maddux. “We are grateful for everyone’s time and support in making this tournament happen. Baller Dream Foundation continues to help children and young cancer warriors every day and it’s an honor to help further their mission.”
All funds raised at the poker tournament and accompanying silent auction will stay local to Las Vegas and help Baller Dream Foundation provide community programming where cancer warriors feel supported. The funds also will provide financial support to families experiencing a cancer diagnosis.
The full list of celebrity participants in the tournament includes the following:
- Host Greg Maddux, baseball
- Frank Thomas, baseball
- Bernie Williams, baseball
- Shane Victorino, baseball
- Noel Gugliemi, actor
- Roger Clemens, baseball
- Tito Ortiz, mixed martial arts
- Deryk Engelland, hockey
- Jake Arrieta, baseball
- Kenny Lofton, baseball
- AJ Cole, football
- Goose Gossage, baseball
- Rollie Fingers, baseball
- Shaun King, football
- Evan Mathis, football
- Bruce Thomas, actor
- Darren Banks, hockey
- Derrek Lee, baseball
- Garrett Bradbury, football
- Wally Joyner, baseball
Single tickets to the main poker event on Sunday are still available for $2,500 and include a buy in of 10,000 chips. The poker tournament will feature cash prizes for first through fifth place with winnings up to $75,000 and a total purse of $150,000. The tournament is limited to 100 participants and tickets can be purchased here.
Baller Dream’s silent auction will open for mobile bidding on Sunday, April 23 at 10 a.m.
PST and close Sunday, April 30 at 8:30 p.m. PST. For the auction, bidders do not need to be present. Notable auction items include:
- Rare memorabilia from Shohei Ohtani, Aaron Judge, Derek Carr, Josh Allen and more
- Bid of golf experiences at Whistling Straits, The Summit Club, TPC Summerlin, Wynn Golf Club among others
- Vacation packages from a choice of 15 destinations including London, Turks and Caicos, Cabo San Lucas, Laguna Beach and more
- Concerts and VIP sporting event tickets including Madonna floor seats, Lexus Club Seats & batting practice with the Texas Rangers, Loge tickets for the Vegas Golden Knights and more
- Custom one-of-one ensemble and whiskey tasting at STITCHED
- Two-night stay at Circa Resort & Casino complete with a Stadium Swim package
To register and receive updates when the auction is live, click here.
The weekend will consist of the following activities:
- Barry’s Downtown Prime Private Dining Experience – Friday, April 28: To start the weekend’s events, Circa’s premier steakhouse Barry’s Downtown Prime will host an invite-only soiree featuring a private dining experience with Executive Chef Barry S. Dakake at 6 p.m. During the evening, guests will be able to chat with celebrity players and sponsors while dining on Barry’s famous steaks, seafood and pasta dishes.
- Kick Off Party at Stadium Swim – Saturday, April 29: The tournament’s kick off celebration will take place at Circa’s year-round, multi-tiered pool amphitheater, Stadium Swim from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. The destination pool sits overlooking Fremont Street Experience and features six, temperature-controlled pools, a 143-foot diagonal viewing screen and dozens of cabana options. Single tickets are available for purchase for $500.
- 60th Floor Poker Tournament – Sunday, April 30: The main poker tournament event will be held on Sunday, April 30 at Legacy Club at 7 p.m. The event will include the celebrity poker tournament, silent auction, cocktail reception, stunning wraparound views of the city’s skyline and live music from local singer and songwriter Jack Higgins who will perform his debut EP “Red Hot Burning Love.”
Founded by Frank DeBlasi, the Baller Dream Foundation provides emotional and daily living support for young warriors battling cancer. They work closely with children’s hospitals across the country and offer in-hospital, volunteer-led activities to help ease the minds of warriors and support their families.
About Circa Resort & Casino
Get ready for the time of your life at Circa Resort & Casino, an adults-only casino-resort concept in the heart of downtown Las Vegas. The AAA Four Diamond Circa pays homage to Vegas’ Golden Era through vintage design, old-school hospitality and nods to the city’s history while introducing high-tech advancements and innovative amenities. The resort features upscale rooms and suites; the world’s largest sportsbook; Stadium Swim, a year-round pool aqua theater; a two-story casino; Garage Mahal, a high-tech transportation hub; the luxe Legacy Club rooftop lounge; an expansive local art collection; 35,000 sq. ft of meetings and conventions space and more. Guests can indulge at original restaurant concepts including premium steaks and seafood at Barry’s Downtown Prime from Chef Barry S. Dakake and Make It Happen Hospitality; Pan-Asian fare at 8 East from Chef Dan Coughlin; deli classics at Saginaw’s Delicatessen from restaurateur Paul Saginaw; authentic Carolina barbecue at Project BBQ; and all-star menus at Victory Burger & Wings Co. from the founding family of American Coney Island. Visit circalasvegas.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @circalasvegas to stay up to date.
About Baller Dream Foundation
Baller Dream Foundation supports pediatric and young adult cancer warriors, ages 0-29, through treatment, remission, and beyond. The young people served by Baller Dream Foundation (BDF) are not called patients but instead “Ballers” Baller is a modern-day term used to describe someone incredibly resilient, courageous, and at the top of their game. Baller Dream develops lasting relationships to create an environment where kids feel supported, families feel connected, and communities feel inspired. As a nonprofit organization, we rely on donations to keep our programs running. Children and young adults battling cancer are facing tremendous adversity that begins with the initial diagnosis and often continues for years after that. Baller Dream Foundation aims to support these brave young warriors when and where they need it most. Our intention is for each family to realize they are not alone in their fight against cancer. Giving hope to children and families is our goal so families can lean on us at all stages of their journey. 84% of families with a child battling cancer will experience financial hardship. Baller Dream Foundation provides various levels of support to alleviate these stressors that families often encounter throughout their cancer journey. Through generous donations, Baller Dream Foundation also curates personalized “Dream Experiences” for qualifying recipients. These major gift experiences range from dream vacations, celebrity meet-and-greets, VIP access at sporting events, and many other once-in-a-lifetime adventures thanks to our partnerships. Baller Dream assists families experiencing extreme financial hardship due to their child’s illnesses. We help with medical expenses, clothing, utilities, and other essentials. Funds are carefully allocated after a complete evaluation of the family’s needs on a case-by-case basis. A cancer diagnosis’s social and emotional side effects can often generate feelings of isolation. Through Baller Dream’s community programming, they aim to create an environment where our ballers feel a sense of belonging and their families feel supported by the community. Ensuring the safety of these children and young adults is fundamental to the mission of Baller Dream. We rely on the expertise of our partnering children’s hospitals, child life specialists, social workers, and oncology nurses to identify the cancer warriors who are in need of a special lift.