Every October, the question heard ‘round the world becomes “What are you being for Halloween this year?”, with costumes always stealing all of the attention; however, a true enthusiast knows a costume is never complete without the proper costume hair and makeup! This Halloween season, make your “hair costume” the priority and the rest of will fall into place with ease. Follow Pureology Artist Ruth Roche’s below step-by-steps and make your hair the hit of your Halloween party this year.
Flo, the Progressive Insurance girl
Best on shoulder-length hair (if not, a wig can be styled the same way)
- Apply Colour Stylist Root lift spray mousse throughout damp hair, then blowdry using a round brush.
- Create a deep side part and back-comb the root area at the crown to create the volume.
- Smooth hair up and over the crown using the side of the brush, and the front over to one side.
- Place a blue headband just in front of the crown. Finish with Colour Stylist Supreme Control high hold hair spray for intense shine and super-strong hold.
- Apply Pure Volume Instant Levitation Mist on damp hair. Blow dry with a paddle brush to create a smooth finish.
- Brush hair up to the crown and create a ponytail. Smooth sides and back with the side of the brush and spray with Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray.
- Using a ½-inch curling iron or small rollers, set all of the hair in the ponytail, using smaller sections.
- Once the set is cool, break up the set using your fingers and pull curls forward. Secure curls in place using bobby pins.
- Finish with Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for a hold that will last all night.